Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain VP; Has McCain Shown Who Is a Commander In Chief?

In one way, you really have to like John McCain.  Remember that "plan" of Barack "World" Obama to text message his VP choice on Friday morning?  Remember how that plan FAILED (whether by deliberate leak or incompetence).

Now look at John McCain.  He promised to reveal his VP choice this morning.  As this is being written, it is a mere TWO HOURS before the event where the VP pick will APP{EAR.  It is STILL SECRET.  The media is beside itself. They seem to be INSULTED that they can't get a reliable "leak", and that the names floated yesterday 9mainly Romney and Pawlenty) were evidently false.

Has McCain not jsut PROVED he is better fitted to be Commander in Chief than Obama?  I think so.  McCain made a commitment.  He also committed to keeping his choice secret until this morning.  He has KEPT those commitments.  Obama FAILED to keep his commitments.

The media, of course, has merely again shown how disgraceful they are.  For that alone, McCain has shown Commander in Chief ability.

P.S.  Yes, I--of all people--should know better than to pay any attention to the medai.  The "news" today is that Romney, Pawlenty, and Lieberman are all OUT.  The heavy speculation today is SARAH PALIN, Governor of Alaska.  My gut tells me this CAN;T be right, although it would be one of the few McCain picks that would cause me to vote for McCain.  But how can McCain run on experience, and say Palin is "ready" to be President.  yes, she is as, or more, ready than OBAMA.  And OBAMA can hardly attack her too hard on experience.  Still, this would be a RISKY pick.  So would Meg Whitman, who would be another risky pick.  What aobut Kay Bailey Hutchinson.  She was OUT yesterday, and denied it yesterday.  Was I right all along.  Will it be Governor Crist of Florida?  As I say above, what other evidence do you need, since we DON'T KNOW, that John McCain is more qualified to be Comander in Chief than Barack "World" Obama.  If it IS Governor Sarah Palin, you heard it here (almost) first.  See my original entry this week evaluating the possible VP picks.  Nope.  I am not talking about ME.  I am tallking about the COMMENT.  You can check it out.  The comment identified Sarah Plain as the likely choice.  I dismissed it, and still would be ASTOUNDED at that risky a pick.  Yes, I would be impressed too.  Palin is a pro-life heroine, and a conservative reformer who is an EXPERT on energy matters.  She is one IMPRESSIVE individual.  She just has little real experience, being a first term governor of Alaska.  I still can't see it, but the person commenting could.  Maybe that person knew a lot more than I do, and that is a humbling thing for me to admit. The fundamental point remains:  Does it not say major GOOD things about John McCain that, against all odds, he has KEPT this secret to the very end?

No comments: