Friday, October 1, 2010

am an agnostic. Sharon Angle is a Christian (really is, as distinguished from Nancy Pelosi, for example, who does not believe in her religion). How can it be that Sharon Angle and I share the very same view of the way Reid, Pelosi,, Obama and most leftists look at the Federal Government? Let me explain.

I just heard the First Commandment clip that the most corrupt parts of the mainstream media have been trying to use against Sharon Angle. Contrary to the way it has been portrayed, and to the way Chris Matthews portrayed it right after playing it (how can you get more dishonest than that?), Sharon Angle did not say that the Federal Government violated the First Commandment (presumably the Commandment that there is One True God, and that you are to worship only that God and not any false gods and idols--it having been a LONG time since my Presbyterian Bible class where I memorized the 10 Commandments). What Sharon Angle said is that Reid and Pelosi have tried to make a ("false" being implied God out of the Federal Government--something essentially to be worshiped (although she did not expressly say that). She went on to say that could be considered a violation of the First Commandment. Now the terminology is different than I use, as an agnostic, but that happens to be exactly my position (merely expressed in the terminology of a Christian rather than the terminology of an agnostic).

My articles have regularly explained the "magic wand" theory of government advocated by Reid, Pelosi, Obama, and the rest on the left. That is the theory that all the Federal Government has to do is wave a magic wand, and solve any and all of our problems. I have also--correctly--asserted that, for leftists, this is a RELIGION--their main religion, instead of Christianity or any other recognized religion. Is this not the very thing that Sharon Angle has said? Of course it is, except Sharon Angle has said the same thing from the point of view of a Christian. I have said that leftists have made the Federal Government into a false god, and leftism into a false religion. So has Sharon Angle. Now Sharon Angle believes in One True God, while I am a skeptic (without being sure she is wrong). So Sharon Angle can talk about this raising of the Federal Government to a position of a god to be worshipped as a violation of the First Commandment. I can only say it is a violation of both theory (of economics and government) and of the lessons of all of recorded history.

Just last week, I wrote an article giving my personal opinion that President Obama is not a Christian. That is not because I think he is a Muslim. I don't. It is because his only ral religion is leftism. I can only express my opinion on Obama, based on circumstantial evidence, but I can flatly state that Nancy Pelosi has no religion but leftism. I have PROVEN that in previous articles, using her own words. For example, she said (when asked to rationalize her fanatic pro-abortion position with the position of the Catholic religion in which she supposedly believes) that: "God gave me a brain and free will for a purpose. He must have expected me to use them. I will discuss it with Him when the time comes' (Or words to that effect, which I quoted exactly in the original article). Pelosi's positron happens to be EXACTLY my position--after taking into account that I am a lot smarter than she is. One of the reasons I don't believe in religion is that I refuse to turn my will and brain over to God. It is a horrible thing to realize that Nancy Pelosi and I are soul mates--of a sort. Sharon Angle is right. Nancy Pelosi's only God is Big Government, and her only religion is leftism.

Didn't President Obama convince me he is a Christian in that "back yard" in New Mexico (not far from here in El Paso, where Obama managed to previously speak at Ft. Bliss without hardly mentioning the war zone right across the river in Juarez, Mexico, with stray bullets spraying El Paso from time to time)? Nope. Obama merely further convinced me he believes in no religion but leftism, and no God but the God of Big Government. Did Obama say that he accepted God, and Jesus Christ, into his heart, and felt their touch? Not on your lief. I think he would be EMBARRASSED to say anything like that, while Sharon Angle would not be. What Obama said was that the was "attracted" to the "precepts" of Jesus Christ--mentioning the Golden Rule (nor original or exclusive with Christianity) and "my brother's keeper" (which phrase was not used so much by Jesus Christ as--in a different context--in the Old Testament story of Cain and Abel). But the point is not whether Obama got his scripture right, but that Obama talked about a CHOICE he made as an adult based on whether Christianity agreed with HIM (Obama). You do not choose a religion like Christianity the same way you choose a political party. If you choose to be a Christian because you believe in your view of the message of Jesus Christ on POLICY MATTERS, then you are choosing a religion for the wrong reason. Obama is asserting the right, just like Pelosi, to evaluate whether God is getting it right. I firmly believe that most--not all, but most--leftists think the same way. That is exactly the opposite to the way a true believer looks at religion--where God is supposed to instruct the true believer. As I say, and have said, I agree with Sharon Angle that Obama' true religion is leftism, and that his false god is Big Government directed from an all-powerful Federal Government. As an agnostic, I don't care whether he is "really" a Christian. I do care that his substitute religion is so dangerous, and so destructive of the country and the traditions that made this country great.

Don't you admire that Sharon Angle and I ae able to "reach across the spiritual aisle" and find common ground? You say you would be more impressed if Sharon Angle felt the same way? Well, maybe you are right. Not too many women can stomach me, and I have been told I am going to Hell more than one time (mostly jokingly, I THINK). The problem is that I will share Hell, if it exists, with som many leftists--especially "journalists". I digress. I still think it is rather amazing that Sharon Angle and I--not to mention t Nancy Pelosi and I--can arrive at exactly the same point from very different starting places. Now Angle and I arrived at the same point on matter os this world, while differing on spiritual matters, while Pelosi and I arrive at agreement on spiritual matters, while disagreeing strongly on matters of this world. Agreement nevertheless (although at least Pelosi would probably deny that she agrees with me on the basics of agnostic skepticism, because she is simply too stupid to realize the implications of her own "philosophy").

The evil assumption here is that Sharon Angle is not "allowed" to look at things through the prism of her own religious philosophy, just as much as I am "allowed" to look at things through the prism of my own agnostic/skeptical philosophy. To even raise the question whether Angle has a "right" to refer to religion to make her secular point is an intolerant insult. She clearly has that right, and criticism of such religious references in misplaced. Our Declaration of Independence says that people are "endowed by their Creator..." with inalienable rights. Imagine if Sharon Angle had said THAT!!!!!!!!! As I have stated i a previous article, I believe that is thre reason President Obama (deliberately, in my view) misquoted the Declaration of Independence in a recent speech, leaving out "by their Creator". He was catering to the anti-religious left, and mainstream media, just as his "explanation" of his Christian "faith" in new Mexico was a cynical, and deliberate, attempt to defuse "doubts" about whether he is a Christian. And some on the anti-religious left have criticized Obama for it. They would like all references to God to be deleted from our public discourse--absurd and intolerant as that position is.

Nope. Sharon Angle is NOT saying that God is "on her side" in politics. What she said was that--frm her point of view, stated in terms she expected her audience to understand--leftist Democrats have raised the Federal Government to god-like status. I agree totally with her, even to that terminology, although I would not go on--as an agnostic--and refer to the First Commandment. What is the fundamental characteristic of God? I would say that it is that God is omnipotent, omniscient, and the source of all good in the universe. Is that not the way leftist Democrats look at the Federal Government? I think so, and it is a perfectly reasonable SECULAR position. Indeed, that is the fundamental flaw in the leftist world view. If God exists, He may be all of those things. The Federal Government is not. Politicians and Federal bureaucrats are merely fallible people, incapable of running everything with a magic wand. They do not have infinite knowledge, and their attempt to suggest that they do have a god-like ability to run our entire economy, and all of our lives, is a DELUSION that threatens to destroy us. Yes, I did just say that it is leftist Democrats who are insane, and not Sharon Angle. You say I am also saying that some establishment Republicans are equally insane? I am glad you are finally getting it.

No comments: