Friday, May 29, 2009

John Cornyn: Pompous Ass (As Republicans Continue to Treat Rush Limaugh as More the Enemy than Obama)

John Cornyn is an establishment, lpompous ass. He is one of the reasons I don't expect to vote for ANY Republican during the rest of my lifetime. I did NOT vote for him in November. (I think Rush Limbaugh got it wrong here, since--unless I am going senile--John Cornyn was up for re-electon last November, and not 2010.).


Yes, I have known John Cornyn is a pompous ass since he was on the Texas Supreme Court. I have NEVER liked him. As an attorney, I knew something about him. I tend to think he--like most establishment Repubicans--des not have a PRINCIPLED bone in his body. I saw his campaign commercials in Texas. They were NOT "conservative". Now these commercials did run in El Paso. Maybe he ran conservative commercials in more conservative parts of the state. But that would just show how little principle he had, would it not?


Now if conservatives controlled the Repubican Party, I am sure they would not drum Cornyn out of the party. He has a reasonably conservative voting record--a "big business" conservative voting record. But he is NOT a conservative "leader", or effective advocate for conservative causes. He is merely in it for the POWER, and his own interest. There was a time I held my nose and voted for Cornyn. I no longer do that kind of thing. I am too disgusted with the Republican Party.


What prompted this entry (although, in another example of how right this blog always is, I have mentioned Cornyn unfavorably before) is that John Corny attacked Rush Limbaugh--essentially telling him to shut up about the racism of Sonia Sotomayor--on National Public Radio. Limbaugh struck back today on his radio program.


Notice how Rush is FINALLY comeing around to my view on the Republican Party--that thePOLITICIANS in that party really stand for NOTHING except their own election and re-election. I have always been way ahead of Rush, and continue to be.


John Cornyn, of course, has attacked ME at the same time he attacked Rush, even though he probably has no idea who I am (although I argued before him in the Texas Supreme Court at least once). But read the blog entries this week. I have (accurately) called Sotomayor a racist--at least unless she can explain the racist words she said in a way anyone can believe. There is no dobut John Cornyn does not really like people like me. I return the compliment. I am honored that he would not like me. He probably feels the same.

No comments: