Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blog Vacation

I do not expect to make any further blog entries, unless I were to make another before leaving for the airport early this orning, until July 28 (which also happens to be my brithday).


I will be visiting my daughters in NYC (yep, with those high taxes which we have all have to endure eventually) and Boston. I may not survive the trip (not because of lack of health care, but because of the cities involved and the DAUGHTERS involved).


I did invite President Obama to take over the blog, since he has shown he could easily keep up the blog tradition of typos. He is evidehtnly busy trying to ram through this health care disaster and ruin the country.


However, I have noticed that Sonia Sotomayor is even more qulaified, as shown by HER oral "typos" that have come to light. For example, there are tapes of her using "story of knowledge" instead of "store of knowledge"; "providence of Congress", instead of "province of Congeress", "National Labor RELATIONSHIP Board", instead of National Labor Relations Board", and many others. Now I am capable of this kind of TYPING errors, but I don't know that I am capable of this type of ORAL "typo". Nevertheless, Sotomayor would be perfect for thhis blog. You would never know I was gone, and you would not be able to tell whether the errors are typos are the "slips of the mind" that seem to afflict Sotomayor regularly. And Sotomayor really has nothing to do. Her "hearing" is essentially over, and the Supreme Court is not in session.


Therefore, I extend an invitation to Sotomayor to take over this blog while I am on vacation. If you see an entry before July 28, after I get on the plane this morning, you can assume it is here taking me up on this invitation.

No comments: