Friday, July 31, 2009

The Economy: Not Good and with NO Evidence Yet of a "Real" Recovery

"(Bloomberg) -- The first 12 months of the U.S. recession saw the economy shrink more than twice as much as previously estimated, reflecting even bigger declines in consumer spending and housing, revised figures showed."


Did you think my angry reaction to the HYPOCRITES of the mainstream media (see previous entry) was over-the-top? Don't ever doubt me! Read the above, and then read again the first paragraph of that mainstream media story from the "Anti-American, Despicable Associated Press". I don't think I was harsh enough. Yes, the above is the first paragraph of the Bloomberg (hardly a conservative outlet) presently linked on Drudge.


I ask you again: When the base is this LOW, is a CONTRACTION of 1%, WITH STIMULUS, "good" "news". Of course, it is nost. Messsage to AP and rest of mainstream media: Do you get an inkling of why I hold you in nothing but utter, complete CONTEMPT. Yes, if I did not have a policy, which everyone should adopt, of LYIIG to pollsters, I wuld tell any pollster that I hold you in MORE contempt than I hold Nancy Pelosi (who is mentally handicappted). I can so worse of no one.


Yes, I am perfectly aware that these statistics can all be "spun". It is ME that told YOU, in foresight rather than hindsight, that Rush Limbaugh was making a terrible mistake keying his criticism of President Obama on stock market performance--stating almost directly that the stock market is "expert" in "predicting" and "evaluating" future economic performance. Never has Rush Limbaugh been so wrong, and I would respect him more if he admitted so on this one. Instead, he has shown an Obama-l;ike ability to forget what he said two months ago. I was right then, and am right now, when I tell you the stock market computer gamers act on hype and spin, and that what happens in the stock market (at a HIGH October of 2007 right before the slow motion CRASH) has nothing at all to do with economic reality. That may always have been true, but it has now become a religion for the computer gamers of Wall Street (the Stupidest People on Earth, after excluding the mainstream media and similar thinking leftists).


That merely makes my point. The AP story (see again previous entry) was nothing but SPIN . "News" had nothing to do with it. It was propaganda, pure and simnple. The Bloomberg story may have some spin in it, but I would submit it is a more neutral analysis thatn that of the hypocritical propagandists in the AP. Drudge's choice to headline the Bloomberg story, while showing a completely correct knowledge of the uselessness of the despicable AP, surely represents a "political" type choice by Drudge. But it is the sanctimonous HYPOCRITES of the mainstream media who like to PRETEND--still, long after such dishonesty has become beyond contempt--that they do not "spin" their "news".


Key proble, and I have given you an accurate picture of it: A way out of the hole we have dug ouselves into is NOT "visible". We may have purchased an "easing" of the free fall, but the AP LIES when it implies that the recession is definitely behind us. It does not even matter if the recession is "over". What matters is whehter we can RECOVER.


My brother, the former owner of that trucking company, has many contacts in the financial and business community. He says there is universal agreement that we are NOT going to recover strongly if at all, and that the present "signals" are merely seasonal and the resutl of all of that government money being pumped into the economy (just like last summer). In fact, my brother said that a banker familiar with the present thinking of major financial people says that we will not "recover" from this recession for AT LEAST four years. That is NO typical of most recoveries, and the worry is that it won't happen at all--that we will sink into the type of long-term morass that occurred in the Great Depression. It is hard to say how we have not mortgaged any possible recovery by present policies--making INFLATION and HIGH INTEREST RATES inevitable the MOMENT a real "recovery" seems in propspect. The stock market is simultanesouly predictiing this AND a "good" economy . Did I tell you Wall Street people are STUPID?


Coud I do better in writing "neutral" "news"? Damn right I could That, however, is not my "job". Unlike leftists, and SOMETIMES Rush Limbuahgh, I am honest with you, and do my best not to be inconsistent. But I refuse to do the jopb of the AP for it by rewriting their propaganda. Now if they would pay me to do it............ Or if Yahoo would pay me to do it to keep from being associated with evil...............

No comments: