Tuesday, November 18, 2008

NBC: Green Liars

I have admitted bigotry against certain kinds of "moderate" Republicans in this blog (the kind that insist on personally trashing Sarah Palin). Now I have to admit that I am prejudiced against "green" people, like those of NBC.

You probably realize that I never watch NBC, or MSNBC. No one should. In fact, a boycott of GE (parent company) is probably in order.

However, the Dallas Cowboys football game was on Sunday night. My principles just are not as important as FOOTBALL. Some things are sacred. Now that Tony Romo was not distracted by ACARN (see archives), I had hopes (somewhat realized) that the Cowboys would return to being a dent football team.

I was punished for this allegiance to football, and the Dallas Cowboys. Before I could change the channel (ok, I was too lazy to go do it as I was doing something else), I had to sit through NBC propaganda on their "green" week--as NBC brought you "global warming" propaganda (certainly not science) from around the world.

This is especially ironic because that mythical temperature of the Earth (as environmentalists measure it) has apparently not been warming since 1998. In other words, evidence is lacking that the Earth is still warming, from any cause (much less man). NBC, of course, is just ignoring the data, while still going with the Al Gore proganda.

Thus, I was forced (by my allegiance to the Cowboys and laziness) to listen to NBC repeat, on Sunday night, that Al Gore lie about sea levels rising 200 feet. The present U.N. estimate (declining and still suspect) is that sea levels will rise 2 to 4 feet by 2100. Oh well. NBC was only off by two magnitudes (two powers of 10, or 10 squared). That is, NBC only missed it by a multiple of 100 times, and this is using the estimate of "global warming" friendly leftists at the U.N. There was also this stuff about warming oceans killing reefs, when recent NASA data, over the last 5 years from some 3,000 machines in the oceans of the world, has indicated that the oceans are no longer warming.

What about the U.S.? Well, the recently deceased Michael Crichton, in "State of Fear" (an eco-thriller with an appendix, footnotes (in effect), charts, and a bibiography) has already shown that the U.S. has experienced no consistent warming trend since 1880. This year was no exception, as the U.S. average temperature will again be substantially cooler than the warmest recent year (2006). For that matter, the U.S. has cooled since 1936. Yes, I picked that year artfully (as "green" people pick their figures artfully), because 1936 is the warmest year in the U.S. since records began, in a virtual tie with 2006. See what I, and Crichton, mean by no warming trend in U.S. temperatures. Since 1900, those temperatures have gone up and down, with no rhyme or reason as to whether they will be up or down any particular year. As stated, 1936 remains the warmest year, which we did not even match until 2006 (cooling since 2006).

You want see this data highlighted by the liars of NBC, or by Al Gore. NBC, and MSNBC, are fresh off of their propaganda campaign on behalf of Barack "World" Obama. I guess that, flushed with the success of their lies there, they believe they can get away with any propaganda.

The evidence for man-made "global warming" is shaky. There is little present evidence that the world is warming at all now, after a warming trend from 1970 to 2000 (matching a cooling trend from 1940-1970--see charts in "State of Fear"),

Yet, look at the auto industry. Democrats in Congress, and Obama, are saying we must "save" the American auto maters, after doing their best to destroy those very companies (and our whole economy) in the name of "global warming". My brother, the co-owner of a trucking company (see earlier entry this week), can tell you about the efforts of environmental regulation to destroy the trucking industry (raising the prices for food, and everything else). The auto industry would be a lot healthier, if not for these "green" peop;le.

Am I prejudiced against the "green" people out there trying to destroy us (our economy, anyway)? I am afraid I am. Sue me (don't think they won't, if they think it is necessary to impose their agenda).

Sorry Kermit. I have to conclude it is a terrible thing to be green.

No comments: