Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Comments On This Blog

I welcome comments to this blog, although I get few of them (seemingly fewer than when the blog was at AOL Journals). I read them all--at least so long as I notice a comment has been made.


I do sympathize with those who may want to comment, but find it too much trouble. I once tried to reply to a comment on this blog, and found it frustratingly difficult. Maybe there is an easier way I don't know about. But I got some sort of distorted letters that I was supposed to repeat before I was allowed to make a comment on my own blog. I have quit commenting under AOL stories for the same reason. You seemingly have to jump through hoops by deciphering this puzzle of distorted letters. For me, that is really difficult, because--as I have mentioned a few times--my vision is not that good. That is especially true on fine detail. For me to figure out what letters are represented by some puzzle of distorted letters is sheer torture. I refuse to do it.


Therefore, unless someone tells me an easier way to reply to comments on this blog, I will only do so by replying with a separate entry. I have always done that with replies I think are important. However, that means I will not merely reply to a comment on this blog to acknowledge that I have read it. You will have to take my word that I read all I see (which, I think, is almost all), and appreciate them. It is only if I think that either the comment, or my reply, is worthy of a separate entry that your comment will be acknowledged. I don't intend to discourage comments this way. I welcome them. I just refuse to put myself through hoops to rely to a comment on my own blog. I know I am probably admitting to being both blind and stupid here, and that there must be an easier way. As it is, however, that is the way it is.


Yep. I read the comment (only one at time this is being typed) under today's Caroline Kennedy entry. I could not follow it. To me, it was like trying to decipher those distorted word puzzles AOL and Google confront me with. Maybe it is me, but I read the whole comment and could not either follow or understand it. Sorry.

1 comment:

Slapinions said...

The word verification isn't the easiest tool to work with, but it's better than being hit with spam.

I still stop by and read your posts, but I'll admit my comments are fewer - probably just post-election blues.

Dan