Tuesday, December 23, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone. I will be leaving home today for Christmas activities, and may not have another blog entry until at least Friday (although the urge may hit me if I have any time tomorrow where I will be).

How can I, an agnoaic, wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS. First, because I am not either stupid enough or wimpy enough to use the false, wimpy "Happy Holildays".


You need to carefully read my previous blog entries. First, I fully recognize that Christmas celebrates the brith of the Son of God. But why do you have to have faith in Jesus as the Son of God to wish people a Merry Christmas? First, unlike the ACLU, I see nothing wrong with Christians having JOY in their holiday. Why should I not wish them that joy? And part of that joy, at least for many of them, comes because they are celebrating the birth of Jesus, who they believe gives their life meaning. More power to them.


What about people like me? Do I mind being wished a Merry Christmas? Why should I, unless I am an anti-Christina bigot like so many leftists? I would like to have a Merry Christmas. I don't mind getting into the "spirit" of Christmas. It is the same as when I am present when someone says "grace". I simply don't pray. So I don't get religious comfort out of Christmas--even though I recognize that Christmas only exists as a religious holiday celebrating the birth of the Son of God. Doesn't matter. Why should I not participate in the spirit of the thing. Why should I be OFFENDED to be wished a Merry Christmas. No reason.


Therefore, I wish you a Merry Christmas, whether you are a Christian or not. If that offends you, I am sorry for you.

No comments: