Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mexico, A Failed Country: Another Legacy of Sen. Ted Kennedy

As readers of this blog are aware, I live on the front lines of the actual/potential border war--right across the Rio Grande from Juarez, Mexico, portions of which are less than 5 miles from where I am typing this.


Well, the news reported today in El Paso was that 24 people had been discovered murdered in Juarez on Monday and Tuesday alone. This made a mockery of some reported "progress" against the drug cartel "hit men" in Mexico.


Mexico is a country out of control--a country that has failed miserably with leftist policies.


What does this have to do with Ted Kennedy? Well, he can't be blamed for the failure of Mexico. He can perhaps be blamed for trying to turn the United States into Mexico, politically. More fundamentally, he can be blamed for trying to turn this country into Mexico LITERALLY with an "open borders" policy (all the while sayng that he favored no such thing--in other words lying and deceiving in typical leftist fashion).


Do I oppose immigrants? No, I don't. My two daughters are 50% Mexican-American, since I married a 100% Mexican-American woman. However, unlike Senator Kennedy, I know that we cannot afford to have an "open border" with Mexico. We can't afford to try to have Mexico ship its problems, because it is a failed country, to us. We cannot afford to take care of Mexico's poor. We cannot afford to let Mexico's drug war spread into the United States.


Ted Kennedy did not--whatever he said--support enforcement of immigration laws. Like most leftist Democrat politicians, he saw poor illegal immigrants from Mexico as a source of endless votes for the Democratic Party--a means for the Democratic Party go get and keep power FOREVER--or at least as long as the PRI (original Mexican oligarchy) kept power.


Therefore, Ted Kennedy, over his entire career, was probably the major force in the Untied States Senate for essentially unrestricted immigration from Mexico--both legal and illegal. He was, of course, the co-sponsor of the McCain-Kennedy amnesty bill. Even President Obama has now given up on that bill for the foreseeable future.


P.S. I am perfectly aware that John McCain is very little different than Ted Kennedy on this issue. Why do you think--among other things--I refused to support John McCain against Barack Obama, despite being fully aware of the kind of President Obama was going to be? I will go further. If I lived in Arizona, I would vote AGAINST John McCain in favor of Satan himself. Now I would do my best to avoid voting for Satan, as I did in the Presidential election by voting for a third party, but I would never vote for McCain. My brother DOES live in Arizona, and there is no way he will ever vote for McCain. I encourage my brother in that, even though he does not need such encouragement.

No comments: