Monday, February 28, 2011

John Thune, R.I.P.

Flat statements: John Thune will never be President of the United States--ever. John Thune will never be nominated to run for President of the United States-ever.

You say you have never heard of John Thune? You are not alone. He is a Republican Senator from South Dakota who was toying with running for President, even though no one had ever heard of him, and even though he had NEVER made a name for himself going out there taking on Obama, Democrats, Obama health care, or the mainstream media.

But what makes me wash my hands of John Thune, even though I would probably have voted for him in South Dakota? Well, he is part of those Republicans in the United States Senate--estabishment people almost all--of whom I have said that I suuport NONE. That is ZERO. Nada. Zilch. Now I am talking about those in office before the 2010 elections, as there are some elected in 2010 who I do support. And there is ONE exceptioni, although I sometimes have doubts about him: Jim Demint of South Carolina. Nope. the Republicn Senators of Texas (my Senators) are NOT exceptions, and I do NOT support them (except, on occasion, tactically).

John Thune evidences my problem with Repubican Senators--a problem I do not have with Republicans in the House of Representatives, except for the leadership. John Thune is a dishonest wimp--the kind of Republican that MSNBC and leftist Democrats love to quote. Thune announced that he would not run for President in 2012. That is fine. He had no chance for the nomination, or to raise enugh money to make a run for the nomination. But that is NOT the reason he gave for not running, and that is what makes him dishonest and a typicall Repubican Senator (pre-02010).

Thune came out and said he is not running in 2010 because President Obama would be too tough to beat, or at least Thune said words close enough to that for MSNBC to represent that he said that. Who care what the PARTISAN leftistss at MSNBC say? I certainly don't, and I don't care whether they say that Obama is unbeatable. But Thune--I guarantee you--did not run for President because HE--Thune--had no way to compete for either the nominatin or the general election. He had no way to raise enough money, which is all he had to say (and which every candidate does say, when they don't say they are doing it for "family reasons"). However, Thune went out of his way to imply that Repubicans can't beat Obama, although I question whether he really said that Obama was unbeatable by any Republican. MSNBC is NOT a reliabel source.

Neevertheless, Thune came across as dishonest, wimpy and stupid. Nope. The title is right. Thune will never be a national force in Republican politics. He will never getmy vote for President--either in the nominatioin process or general election. In this case, I am not alone. On a natiional level, Thune truly is a dead politician walking.

No comments: