Tuesday, February 15, 2011

President Obama Is Not a Christian: Bill Maher and I Agree

Bill Maher--antiChristian and anti-religious bigot and bitterly intolerant human being giving agnostics a bad name--recently announced that, as far as Maher is concerned, Barack Obama is NOT a Christian. Rather, Maher said, Obama is a "secular humanist" (translation: a man whose religion is leftist political "thought"--like Maher).

Sorry, Bill. You are LATE. Many months ago I conccluded, in print, that Obama is NOT a Christian. No, I did not conclude Obama is a Muslim. In fact, my consistent position is that you are a KOOK if (part of my "you are a kook if:" series) believe there is any evidence that Obama is a Muslim. I thereby called my own mother a kook. But I was accurate. There is no real evidence that Obama is a Muslim (despite his talk of Muslim prayer as one of the most beutiful things on Earth, and his unwillingness to recognize Islamic extremists for the intolerant danger that they are). There is, however, substantial evidence that Obama is NOT a Christian--indeed, does not believe in any religion at all (other than that of political leftism). Both Maher and I do not believe in any religion--as the word is commonly defined, as I believe Maher believes in "secular humanism" as a RELIGION). That means both Maher and I are in a position to recognize a person who is not really a Christian. It is significant that we both have concluded that Barack Obama is NOT a Christian--which makes him a hypocrite using a religioni in which he does not really believe for ppolitical purposes.

What evidence? Obama admits he was raised as an agnostic or atheist. He SAYS he was converted to Christianity, but he is not very convincing. He tried to explain why he is a Christian, and basically did not talk about GOD, but about how the Christianity advocates the things in which Obama believes: the radical leftist point of view that Jesus was basically a community organizer.

More fundamentally, twice in one week Obama misquoted the Declaration of Independence--leaving out the words "....by their Creator". Except when he is making a political speech, or otherwise deliberately trying to assert he is a Christian, Obama does not--unlike President George W. Bush--seem comfortable in NATUARALLY referencing either God or his religious beliefs. You cannot even imagine Obama doing what Abraham Lincoln did after the Union victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburn: issuing a proclamation THANKING GOD for those victories (the Lincoln proclamation is quoted at the end of Volume Two of Shelby Foote's narrative history of the Civil War). You can't, like Obama, feel uncomfortable even accurately quoting the reference to God in the Declaration of Independence, and be a believing Christian. At the very least, whatever Christian beliefs you have are subordinated to your ACLU phliosophy--not shared by Abraham Lincoln or George Washington or the people who proclaimed the Declaration of Independence--that religion has no place in public American life. As I have previously stated, with which Bill Maher belatedly agrees, Obama is a leftist first and a Christian somewhere down the line. That makes him not a Christian at all.

Remember that famous Obama statement at a private political event in San Francisco? Oh, come on. You remember. Obama disparaged people in small town America--those same people who would eventually reject ObamaCare--as "clinging to their guns and their religioin, and taking their frustrations out on people different than themselves." Again, I don't think you can say something like that and reallly be a Christian. Again, to say something like that, you have to be a leftist RFIRST. And you can't put someting else FIRST and still be a Christian. For that same reason, Nancy Pelosi is neither a Catholic nor a Christian, as she actually said that God gave her a mind and free will, and must have wanted her to use it--even if it means opposing the commands of God's church (as Pelosi explained in an interview trying to explain why she is fanatically pro-abortion and still calls herself a Catholic).

Nope. Bill Maher is righ, although I was first. Barack Obama's religion is political leftism. That also happens to be Bill Maher's religioin. Yes, I have been confronted by people in the past who say that Bill Maher merely is an agnostic, like me, who says he "does not know" the Truth. Hogwash. Bill Maher is an intolerant anti-Christian, antireligious bigot who affirmatively hates religious people (Christians especially--the more they believe what they say they believe, the more Maher hates them). That explains why Maher is so willing to say Obama is NOT a Christian. To Maher, that is a COMPLIMENT. To me, it is irrelevant, except that I resent Obama's cynical attempt to USE religioin (common as that may be in politics). Further, Democrats (note Christine O'Donnell and the Maher induced attempt to hurt her with Christians by calling her a "withch") have shown that they are perfectly willing to USE religion, unfairly, in politics. Thu;s, for the next two years, or however long Obama is on the political scene, I fully intend to call attention to the fact that he is NOT a Christian.

Yes, I am an agnostic--a true skeptic who does not believe in the very concept of faith. What is the difference between me and Maher? I don't begrudge Christians their beliefs, or think they are stupid because of those beliefs. I DO think Maher is a bitter, stupid man.

I just finished reading (listening to) Will Durant's massive book on the Roman Empire, "Caesar and Christ". I agree with the Roman philosopher/skeptic Lucian. Lucian's position was that we "can't know", and that includes that we can't know that we can't know. That is a little less profound than it sounds, but perfectly expresses the ATTITUDE of skepticism. I don't know that the Christian religiioin is the "Truth". I am skeptical, although I also do not know that the Christian religioin is not true. But do I know that OTHERS cannot KNOW that the Christian religion is true? Lucian is right. I cannot know that, and I would have to be as arrogant as Bill Maher to think otherwise.

Lucian further had a very low opinion of PHILOSOPHERS--again the guy was a genius. He seemed to consider philosophers generally WORSE than priests in terms of having an open, inquiring, reasoning mind. That may not be true of all philosophers (Lucian comes to mind), but it is certainly true of most "secular humanists". For political leftists, their religioin IS their political leftists. They have FAITH (in which I do not believe) in their religioin, even when all reason and experience shows they are wrong. Their minds are closed.

Just to show how open minded I am, Bill Maher is not the only insane leftist with whom I have agrfeed when they lurch into the truth (by accident, o in pursuit of their own agenda). I agreed with the anti-American nut, Michael Moore, that the economic fascists of Goldman Sachs have been running (mishandling) the economy of tis countgry under both Bush and Obama. It is not too strong a statement to suggest that the Goldman Sachs "philosophy" has controlled Ben Bernanke, Timothy Geitner (who let Goldman Sachs be the ONLY private attendee at a meeting of the New York Fed on AIG), and--of course---Henry Paulson (former CEO of Goldman Sachs). And I AGREE with Keith Olbermann (the worst "newscaster" who has ever lived) that the Republican/conservative idea of "purchasing health insurance over state lines" is ABSURD, and a violation of states' rights.

I fully expect--as with Moore and Olbermann--that this will be the ONLY time I agree with Bill Maher (except in that we both do not accept a recognized religion as true). I like to note these milestones.

P.S. Note, as usual, that the above has neither been proofread nor spell checked, because of my poor eyesight, unless this note is deleted.

No comments: