Sunday, May 8, 2011

Herman Cain, Winner, Even if He Does Spell His Name Wrong

Yes, I spelled Herman Cain's name "Herman Kane" in my original article yesterday, and even now I have left the incorrect spelling in the body of yesterday's article (for more than one reason--including my eyesight making editing somewhat difficult, for a person who does not really know how to do a computer search and rfeplace). Can I help it if the man does not know how to spell his own name?


Yes, I know the Biblical story of Cain and Abel (sp.? I am no longer sure). But "Cain" has always struck me as a FIRST name (whether that is true in the Bible or not). Further, I am fully familiar with "Citizen Kane" (the movie masterpiece from Orson Welles). Therefore, you can see why I thought Herman Cain would not make such an elementary mistake in spelling his last name (or his ancestors would not make such a mistake). Why would you want to spell your last name like the Biblical Cain? Beats me.


But a rose by any other name is till a rose. Herman Cain was still the obvious and CLEAR winner of the Republican debate in South Carolina. It was not close. That is true even if "Cain" does not know how to spell his own name, or at least how he should spell it. For those who say that identifying with "Citizen Kane" is at least as bad as identifying with a brother killer, I respectfully disagree.


YHou should be able to see that my analysis of the Republican debate in South Carolina was truly OBJECTIVE. I did not even know how to spell the name of the man I have declared the clear winner. Yes, he was that impressive.


Cain now has the challenge of showing he is for real. Ron Paul justly has a following which appreciates Paul's devotion to PRINCIPLE over political speak. But that following is not enough to make him President. Kane faces the challenge of convincing people that he is a CREDIBLE President. He went a long way toward convincing ME last week, even if I did not know how to spell his name. Yes, I had even heard a few interviews given by Cain to media outlets. He was impressive in those interviews, but hardly the revelation he was in the debate. The debate should at least give him a chance to make his case, and I am ready to hear it. Next time, I will know how he mispells his last name. Progress for him already (assuming all of those sources on Google are getting it right). And yes, I remain impressed by former Senator Santorum. I am willing already to put Cain and Santorum right there with Romney and Huckaby (where, for me, Huckaby would be fourth in this group, if Cain fulfills his promise). Nope. Gingrich, Pawlenty, Daniels, Johnson and Paul (despite my respect for, and agreement with most of, his principles). That is ow I rank the two tiers of the Repubican candidates at the present time. Nope. I don't see either Donald Trump or Sarah Palin running, and I think they would be wise not to run (despite my respect for Palin, who I could even vote for in a primary, even as I think she as ptretty mcuh not positioned herself to win the Presidency this time). I like Michelle Bockman at least as much as I like Palin. But I do not see her as the candidate, unless she really catches fire. She probably has MORE chance thaan Daniels, Johnsn, Paul, Pawlenty and Gingrich to catch fire, as those five will NOT be the nominee (fearless early prediction).

No comments: