Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tim Pawlenty, R.I.P.: Romney, Huckaby?, Santorum and Cain as the Big Four

Yes, things can change. Today's polls are less than meaningless, and really EVIL things. Is the media REALLY telling us that we should support only a candidate up there is the polls? Is the media reallly that EVIL and stupid? Well, yes they are.


The South Carolina debate, for example, added a possibly real contender (Herman Cain), and DELETED one. The one deleted was Tim Pawlenty, R.I.P. If Pawlenty cannot do better than this when he was supposedly the "main serious contender" on the stage, then he has no chance. No one knows who he is, and it appears that it is going to stay that way.


I have stated before, in this blog, that I just did not know enought about Pawlenty, but that what I did know failed to impress me. Well, Pawlenty failred to impress me again in South Carolina--which only looks good in comparison with Mitch Daniels, who DISIMPRESSES (to coin a word) me. In other words, Daniels affirmatively convinces me I would never vote for Danels (not in that South Carolina debate). Pawlenty is not THAT bad (few are), but he came across as an ESTABLISHMENT POLITICIAN who only talks "bold" when he thinks it is SAFE to do so (like calling for the release of the bin Laden pictures). Pawlenty has been out there a long time running for President, WITH ATTENTIOIN, and the mee fact that he failed to give me a solid impresssion of himself over that time is enough to indictd hmn. When you add the South Carolina debate, Pawlenty is CONVICTED of wimpy, establishment Republicanism. He is too much of a careful politician to get elected in today's Repubilcan Party (absent a complete makeover). Rick Santorum was much better--even with the handicap of being in politics so long that he is incapable of sounding as spontaneous and fresh as Herman Cain. You get the feeling, and I have always gotten the feeling, that Santorum means what he says (mainly), even if he is not a chrismatic leader. And he says the right things--always pretty much has.


Pawlenty had his chance to make a mark, and failed. Next time he will have more people on state, and LESS chance to make people remember him. Romney is at least as good at the smooth, handsome delibery (even if usually uninspired), and Pawlenty is going to disappear. But I saved the clincher for last.


Pawlenty gave a Hannity interview after the debate, and kKPawlenty was beyond unimpressive. Pawlenty's "signature" "bold" move (obviously calculated) in the debate was to favor the realsease of pictures of Obama's dead body . But Hannity tried to feed him, in the interview, a SOFTBALL q2uestion about how the Obama Administration has paid too much attention to Muslim sensibilities (as they have), even in the Osama raid. Pawlenty BLEW THE QUESTION.


Yes, President Obama deserves credit-if not the overblown, hysterical fawning of the mainstream media--for at least following through on the Bush policy to "get" bin Laden. Obama and the mainstream media were even again ENDORSING (as far as I could tell) the Bush phrase, "War on Tterror" again, after the Obama Administration had tried to eliminate it to APPEASE Muslim extremists. It was ridiculous, however, for us (apparently following Obama's wishes--maybe his main contribution to the operation to get bin Laden) to following MUSLIM LPROTOCOL with regard to the body of bin Laden. If bin Laden was a "good Muslilm", then we ARE at war with Islam. I don't believe he was, and I think it is ridiculous to act like he was to avoid "offending' Muslims. No, we did not have to drag his body through the streets, but this idea of catering to Muslim sensibilitiees with regard to a MONSTER leaves me totally cold. It is the WORST thing about Obama (this catering to our enemies).


What did Pawlenty do, in answerfing Hannity? Well, he sort of made my point--SORT OF--while being led by Hannity. However, even while being invited by Hannity to criticize Obama in a softer way than I do above, Pawlenty proceeded to give me WHIPLASH. Yep. I kid you not. Pawlenty ended up, after saying almost the exact opposite, saying that he had NO PROBLEM with our "respectd" for Muslim sensibilities" in the way bin Laden's body was handled, because we don't want to "stir up" Muslims looking for a reason to act against us. Say what? NO. You just can't do this. Pawlenty lost my vote, forever and ever (at least until he runs against Obama, which I am sure will not happen). Too much establishment politician trying to be all things to all people, and too little principle.


Tim Pawlenty, R.I.P. (politically speaking--he may be a perfectly fine human being).


P.S. Hannity, by the way, seemed unable to really follow Pawlenty, for good reason this time. Sometimes Hannity is all about agenda, and does not let his "guests" have much of a chance. This was NOT the case here. For once, I sympathized with Hannity, since I fouund it virtually impossible to follow the convoluted "reasoning' of Pawlenty. And nope, the above was not proofread or spell checked (my bad eyesight).

No comments: