Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mike Huckabee: This Blog Gets It Right

Yet again, this blog got it right. Just in this last week, and several times before that, this blog told you that Mike Huckabee would be one of the frontrunners for the Repubican nomination for President, EXCEPT that there was a BIG question about whether he was going to run (liking his present life too mcuh).


In fact (you will have to take my word for this one), my 89 year old mother asked me on Saturday, before Huckabee's announcement he would not run, what I thought the announcement would be. She thought he would run. I told her, correctly, that I thought he would not run. Foresight is my specialty.


No, I don't think it (Huckabee's decision) had anything to do with "fear" of Obama. My view of Huckabee was formed long ago, when he was Don Imus' favorite Repubican--except for John McCain. Huckabee was so often a guest on Imus' morning radio program, back in the 1990s, that he was virtually a regular. Imus has shown a talent for pushing PHONIES, publicity hounds, and generally suspect politicians and media figures. John Kerry? Imus featured him? Dan Rather? Imus geatured him, before realizing he was a phony. Joyhn McCain? He was Imus' favorite politician. To me, Huckabee was in the same mold: he liked to hear his own voice way too mch. And it is ONLY on social issues that Huckabee is pretty reliable. Otherwise, his principles are very elastic.


Huckabee HAS what he was seeking so long, from all appearances, at the time he was so often featured on Imus in the Morning. Hcukabee HAS, on Fox, his own program and a forum for his ego. Why give that up? I think this applies even more strongly to Sarah Palin, who has not only Fox, but major influence in the Tea Party, movement and elsewhere. Why give that up to run for President. She SHULD NOT. I don't think she will, BUT I do think that Sarah Palin has a hunger for VALIDATION that Huckabee may not have. The media, leftists, and establishment Repubicans have trashed her. The temptation to take them on has to be overwhelming. I hope she resists it.


Yes, I clearly would have voted for Huckabee against Obama, although it is doubtful I would have suppported Huckabee for the nomination. That is because I think I can trust Huckabee on ABORTION, and other social issues, even though I can't trust him otherwise (like on illegal immigration) I will, much more enthusiastically, support Sarah Palin for President, if she gets the nomination. I am even fairly likely to support Palin for the nomijnation. Still, for her sake, and probably the sake of the conservative movement, I hnope she decides not to run (this time). I am pretty convinced she is not running, albeit with the caveat stated.


Huckabee is out. Ron Paul will not be Prfesident (see previous article). Mitch Daniels is my LEAST favorite of the present Repubicans--an inarticulate stiff with no ability to sell conservative ideas (if Daniels really has any, besides the ideas of the boring accountant he looks and sounds like). Tim Pawlenty continues to UNIMPRESS. Who is left? Palin should not run, and faces an uphill battle. Trump is a joke, and IS NOT RUNNING. Huntsman, of Utah, has no chance. The governor of Mississippi, rightly, decided not to run (no chance). Who is left? As I told you previously, you have the obvius, default choice of Mitt Romney (not trusted, but not disliked and generally perceived as at least competent--my choice in 2008, AND the choice , if too late, of Limabugh, Hannity and the rest). But--as previusly stated in this blog, the road is clear for another candiate to catch fire. Herman Cain is a possiblity. I think Rick Santorum is a possibility. Chris Christie would be a major contender, except he appears not to be running. I don't consider this a "weak" field, in terms of ABILITY. Gary Johnson--the other libertarian, besides Ron Paul, is an idea man who has climbed Everest). What is true, however, is that all of these people have failed to CATCH FIRE. The first Repubican to really CATCH FIRE is going to win, especailly if people like Limbaugh do not betray conservatives, like in 2008, letting someone like McCain get the nomination. Nope. Gingrich has no chance, and will not be President. Some Repubican needs to start saying things like: "President Obama is DESTROYING MEDICARE", and saying them like he or she means them, with aggressive explanations. Michelle Bockman is a person I could support completely, but she has yet to convince me (and many others) that she can really catch fire.


The point is that the Repubicans running are going to have to get over the idea of keeping a low profile, and being the "lat man--or woman--standing". There is a lot of talent here. But someone has to go out and TAKE THE NOMINATION BY TAKING ON OBAMA. Otherwise, it is not that Republicans automatically lose. It is that they are going to be totally relying on the PEOPLE to oppose Obama, rather than favor a Repubican. That may work, but it is a DANGEROUS way to run for office.


P.S. No proofreading or spell checking (eyesight). I noticed, by the way, that I have been spelling "Huckabee" wrong all of these years. Mental block, rather than my usual typos and inability to see to proofread. I have speleed it "Huckaby" as long as I can remember--from the beginning, I think. That is the spelling written in my mind. Hey. Can I help it if Huckabee spells his name wrong, as Herman Cain does (should be spelled "Kane")? lol. I apologize to Huckabee. Not intentiaonal, although you may think it is a Freudian reaction to my innder doubts about Huckabee. However, I have no such preconceived notions about Cain, and still spelled his name wrong. So I think it is just that I get things in my mind, and just don't register that my mind is fixed on the wrong spelling until the light suddenly dawns.

No comments: