Thursday, September 25, 2008

President Bush: Time to Go; Past Time to Go

I disowned President Bush in this blog long ago (in midst of immigration debate).   His domestic policy has been a disaster. his stubbornness on refusing to change tactics in Iraq was a monumental mistake.  My brother (co-owner of that trucking company) insists oncalling him one of the worst Presidents ever.
 
He is only the 4th worst President in my lifetime.  Presidents Johnson, Carter, and Nixon were much worse.  I don't even regret voting for Bush twice, even though I never considered him a conservative--and said so long before Rush Limbaugh did.  President Bush has actually done pretty well in the War on Terror, as we have not been attacked since 9/11.  Further, it is a dirty little secret that most of the Michael Moore type left really opposes the war in Afghanistan (I include in this group the "Anti-American, Despicable Associated Press).  They only pretend otherwise to gig Bush for not getting bin Laden.  I don't think Al Gore would have attacked Afghanistan.  I shudder to think what John Kerry would have done. 
 
Still, President Bush--who I have called a saboteur of conservatives and the Republican Party, along with McCain--has gone past his time.  Nope.  I am not saying he should have been impeached.  I am just saying he should shut up and stop embarrassing himself.  No one, and that especially includes me, is listening any more.  Memo to President Bush:  You have no credibility left.
 
I would never vote for President Bush again, for anything.  Luckily, I won't have to even consider it. 
 
Yes, President Bush has messed up this financial "crisis".  He left conservatives out of the loop, and let Hank Paulson and Ben Bernanke (joint winners of my Flying, Fickle Finger of Fate) do what they wanted to meet the bursting of the housing "bubble". They chose the central planning, "I can manage it", approach, and they failed.  President Bush then let these central planning failures have complete charge of drafting a central planning, Democrat type, bailout of Wall Street.  This is despite the fact that Paulson has been a failure for more than a decade, being CEO of Goldman Sachs at the time Goldman Sachs set itself up as a failed business models.  There are few greater failures in the history offinance than Henry Paulson.  Ben Bernanke is close behind.
 
As I say, it is now time for President Buh to just get out of the way, and stop acting like you can still tell conservatives what to do.  You can't.  It is not like I have more confidence, as a conservative, in McCain, but it is past time for President Bush to go. 
 
At the present time, I will be glad to see him go on January 20, no matter who replaces him. 
 
P.S.  I have already said that it is past time for Henry Pualson and Ben Bernanke to go.  That is easier with Paulson than Bernanke, but I would have demanded the resignation of both of them as soon as it was obvious (months ago) that they had failed in this housing "bubble" crisis.  I would demand their resignation now.

No comments: