Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jesus Was a Community Oraganizer: Leftism as a Religion

Was Jesus Christ a "community organizer" like Barack "World" Obama?  Here, I thought Jesus Christ was the Son of God (to Christians).  Can you really believe that Jesus Christ was merely a "community organizer", and still be a Christian?  Can you be a Christian, or merely respect the Judeo Christian tradition like I do, and not be OFFENDED by the attempt to suggest Jesus Christ has meant so much to so many people because he was a "community organizer".  That is before you ever get to the arrogance, and stupidity, of comparing Obama to Jesus Christ.  After all, Obama does not seem to have accomplished that much as a community organizer (whatever that is, as I think it is a different job for everyone that is doing it).
 
WHY do I keep bring this up.  Yes, I am back to that really offensive, unfunny "joke" making leftist rounds (Steve Cohen, Democrat Jew--relevant only in that if he can talk about it as a non-Christian, so can I)--said it on the floor of the House of Representatives:   "Jesus Christ was a community organizer.  Pontius Pilate was a governor."
 
Again, this is OFFENSIVE, VICIOUS, and NONSENSE (does not make any sense, even on a bumper sticker levell).  You would think Democrats would not want to associate themselves with this insult to Jesus Christ and to Sarah Palin--not to mention suggesting that Obama's supporters are so arrogant as to believe that Obma's activities as a community organizer not only qualify him to be President, but warrant comparison between Obama and Jesus Christ.  "Dumb" does not even begin to cover it.
Yet, Tom Brokaw (of the National Barack Network--I can repeat these cant phrases too, although I think this one has the merit of being true in spirit and not offensive, if not funny--was interviewing Rudy Giuliani. He pulled out a CAMPAIGN BUTTON with this phrase on it.  He then actually ASKED Giuliani about it, in terms of what Giuliani thinks about the criticism of "mocking" of Obama's "community organizer" (which Giuliani and Palin did, to a degree, at the Republican Convention). Yes, Brokaw acted like this OFFENSIVE "button" showed how Obama people had a right to be "offended" by this, without recognizing that CHRISTIANS and PALIN had much more right to be offended by this "joke".
 
Yes, I will state it.  I said Iam not reluctant to CALL people on offensive USES of religion, although I am more than reluctant to criticize a person's theology or personal, honest religious beliefs.   I DO NOT BELIEVE BROKAW CAN REALLY BE A CHRISTIAN.  Nor do I believe anyone can be who thinks this "joke" is clever.  What it tells me when someone says"  Jesus was a community organizer.  Pontius Pilate was a governor" is that the person saying that does not really believe that Jesus is the Son of God.  I think I know this kind of mind intimately.  As an agnostic myself, if I said something like this (ordinarily I would not, since I think it is offensive for no purpose), it would be because I did not really believe Jesus was the Son of God--divine.  When leftists say it I believe it is because they have only ONE true religion:  LEFTISM and not Christianity or any other organized religion. 
 
Now I think Christians may be perfectly capable of making mildly sacrilegious JOKES.  But note that this button/bumper sticker is NOT really meant as a joke.  It is meant to seriously suggest that Obama was doing the same work as Jesus, and that it is offensive to "mock" Obama.  Never mind that Palin has been mocked, BY OBAMA< for being a mayor, and has been mocked by the left for almost EVERYTHING. 
 
This bumper sticker phrase itself says a HORRIBLE thing about Palin.  It suggests that it is acceptable to suggest that Palin is the moral equivalent of the man who ordered the CRUCIFIXION of Christ.  Politics does not get any more vicious, or hate filled, than that. 
 
Nope.  The bumper makes no sense.  It suggests that Obama can be equated with Christ.  It suggest Christ was nothing more than a community organizer.  It SSEEMS to seriously suggest that community organizers are BETTER THAN GOVERNORS.  I go with Palin and Giuliani.  However worthy the activities of SOME community organizers may be, that "experience" is not in the same class as even a mayor--much less a governor.  Remember, the "mockery" was meant to be a RESPONSE to the mockery of Palin's experience as mayor.
 
What is really going on here?  As I said, the religion of leftists (of the kind that use this button as some kind of valid put down) is LEFTISM.  What is the preaching of the leftist priests here?  It is that "mockery" of Obama as a community organizer, even if Obama himself can't explain much that he accomplished in that role, is an EVIL thing because "community organizers" are good people doing the Lord's work (here "Lord" referring to advancing leftist agendas, although I understand that community organizers MAY be doing the real Lord's work, on occasion). It is now leftist mantra that a "community organizer" should be RESPECTED for that, even as a small town mayor is not worthy of respect.  
 
Sorry leftists.  I don't buy it.  I will make fun of you whether you like it or not.  And I will not care if I offend your REAL religion:  LEFTISM.  I would try to avoid offending your actual religious faith, but you obviously do not have the same compunction.
 
I don't think a "community organizer" is gaining any kind of experience that will help him be President--certainly in the absence of SPECIFIC accomplishments as a community organizer. I tend to think "dogcatcher" would give you more of the kind of experience that would help you as President.  Now it MAY show something about your character that you want to help people, if I did not believe--as I do--that Obama was using the "community organizer" gig as an entree into leftist Chicago politics.
 
Now Obama is reported today to be AGAIN reaching out to people of 'faith" to get their vote. I fail to see how leftists can make it this clear that they have CONTEMPT for the Christian relgion, and then turn around and ask for the vote of these people.  EVEN if Obama were sincere (don't think so), the people on the left to whom he is beholden are ANTI-CHRISTIAN BIGOTS (as I have shwon all of CNN to be, and as I consider Tom Brokaw to be). 
 
P.S.  As I have said, this election is causing me an IDENTITY crisis.  I consider myself a BETTER CHRISTIAN than people who would say "Jesus was a community organizer.  Pontius Pilate was a governor.  Yet, I am not a Christian at all.  Yet, I have MUCH more respect for the Judeo Christian tradition of this country than these people.  So am I not a BETTER CHRISTIAN than thy are.  Maybe I could be an honorary Christian?   As I have said, I believe most of the things that Christians believe.  I am strongly anti-abortion, and do not even have any big problem with prayer in the public schools, as a local option (my daughters went a couple of years to a Catholic school, and it did not hurt them, nor make them religious).  I am just not humble enough to admit that God is always right. In that, I think I am the SAME as these leftists, except I am hones about it.  Now Nancy Pelosi said EXACTLY the same thing, which I guess makes her 'honest" in a weird sort of way ("I am Catholic, but I don't really believe in the religion"). Still, if leftists keep putting me in the position of being BOTH more feminist than they are AND more truly respectful of the Christian religion than they are, might I wake up and find myself "born again" some day?  I already woke up and found muyself VTING FOR HILLARY.  Being "born again" would hardly be as strange as that.  Who knows.
 
P.S. 2.  While I am not too serious about being "born again", I do want to assure you that I really do respect the Christian religion, and people who REALLY believe in that religion.  Unlike true leftists like Nancy Pelosi, I do not assume they are wrong. Everything I say tends to sound half sarcastic.  It is a disease (dreaded sarcasm disease)  For me it is a chronic, permanent condition. But I am dead serious about this.  I truly believe that most far leftists are INTOLERANT of religious beliefs different from their real religion of LEFTISM.  I truly believe that I AM tolerant of religious beliefs different from what my mind will let me believe. 
 
P.S. 3:  Don't doubt me on Nancy Pelosi. She is just more honest, or DUMBER, than most.  See the preivous archive entries where I QUOTE Pelosi "explaining" how she can be a Catholic and have thefanatic pro-abortion position she does, and Obama does.  Her "explanation" (exact quote is in the blog entry) was that she was brought up to believe in FREE WILL, and to think for herself, and that she would be accoutable in the end for her own decisions.  Yep.  I tell you.  NO HUMILITY, just like me.  You can try to twist that any way you like, but there is no other conclusion except that Pelosi is telling God to STUFF IT.  She will argue with Him aobut it when she gets there.  That comes close to my position, although I think I am LESS arrogant and MORE honest, but I can
assure you it is NOT "Christian".  It is, of course, LEFTIST. 
 
P.S. 4.  Steve Cohen (Democrat, Tenn.) actuatlly DIRECTLY related Obama and Jesus as follows, showing the intent of the Brokaw button:  "Jesus was a community organizer, JUST LIKE Barack Obama.  Pontius Pilate was a governor".  I deliberately used the less direct Brokaw formulation abobe.  It was almost a test.  Choen accurately stated what this button/bumper sticker is MEANT to say, and it is as offensive as it gets.      

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honorary Christian is good enough for me!  If you believe in what you believe in with all your heart and soul, and you aren't ashamed to admit it, discuss it, and share it, then you are doing what is right by YOU, and that's what matters most.  I recently wrote an journal entry about the things that the Qu'ran and Islamic scholars say "make one a muslim".  It was quite interesting to see what their "guidelines" are.  My belief is this:  it doesn't matter WHAT you are, if you are able to declare and live by it, and not be ashamed of it, then you are true blue.  That's what makes the substance of a person, not what is printed about them, or rumored about them.  Thanks for a great entry.  Sue