Thursday, September 25, 2008

Communists, Kyla and Me: My Feminist Daughter and I Agree (Guest Mention: Angelina Jolie

Kyla is my left leaning, feminist younmger daughter.  I have mentioned how my self-image has suffered now that I have discovered I am more feminist that most leftists, and more Christian than most leftists professing to be Christian--not to mention nicer.  Now my self-image has taken another blow as my daughter an I agree competely.  That may be the only positive accomplishment of this bailaout legislation.  Here is the IM:

 Kyla778:  So we were talking to all the old retirees who hang out at our neighborhood pub, and all of us drunkenly agreed that this crazy bailout plan amounts to downright Communism.
Skip3366:  
I agree.  As a matter of fact, I have just finished, and am about to post, the blog entry withdrawing my endorsement of John McCain and again disowning the Republican Party.  Obama is, of course, worse, but I can't vote for Republicans willing to be Communists.
Kyla778: 
I think it's just damn crazy---if these businesses are failling, well, let them fail.  Now for you and the stock market, maybe that's bad, but slapping some government funded bandaid on it seems preposterous.  And now an FBI probe into four of them?  Oh man this country is going down.
Kyla778: 
And you could maybe steal Angelina from Brad Pitt.
Kyla778: 
She DID go for Billy Bob at one point.
Kyla778:  She may like the whole eccentric hermit angle you've got going.

No comments: