Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Palin and Obama: Who Is the Better Community Oraganizer?

I have criticized, correctly, the unconscionable statement going around the left, which Dem. Rep. Steve Cohen stated on the floor of the House of Representatives this way:  "Barack Obama was a coummunity organizer, just like Jesus.  Pontius Pilate was a governor."
 
That statement insulted Jesus (somewhat of a demotion, don't you think?), Christians, governors, and Sarah Palin--quite a haul for one statement, and I may have missed a few of those insulted.
 
However, the statement, and this entire attempt to make a "community organizer" seem like a big deal, may have insulted Palin in a way you don't realize.  I KNEW I was missing a group insulted.  The quoted statement really insults active MOTHERS (PTA, soccer, hockey, bakes sales, etc.).
 
Who ACCOMPLISHED more?  Was it Obama, as a community organizer, or Sarah Palin as a mother of five, active in the PTA, and hockey mom?  Who is the BETTER community organizer?  Is it the PTA mother of several children organizing not only her own family, but many activities (including, in the case of Sarah Palin, helping her husband with a commercial fishing business)?  Or is it the "community organizer" like Obama, who may be simply advancing a planned political career doing not much useful?  I know my answer.  Obama, by the way, has never been involved in managing a private business--meaning that Sarah Palin is more experienced in the practical aspects of the economy (both as a mother of five and owner of a business with her husband) than Obama. Obama, as with most things, has NO experience to speak of in private business.
 
Two weekends ago I mentioned that my grandmother is surely haunting CNN (winner of the "Flying, Fickle Finger of Fate that weekend, repeating this last weekend).  That is because of this new leftist mantra, adopted by CNN, that dismisses mothers.  My grandmother, as I said, raised NINE children, alone after being widowed before they were all grown, and did "commercial" laundry in wood heated LARGE IRON POTS well into her sixties (even after the invention of washing machines).  The idea of a woman not being able to "handle" being a mother and Vice President would never have occurred to my grandmother, with her Calvinist, Presbyterian idea that you do what you have to do.   The idea that being a "community organizer" is more valuable experience than raising five children in a pro-active way would also never have occurred to my grandmother making a life for herself and her nine children in Mt. Ida, Arkansas.  Yes, my grandmother WOULD have LAUGHED at the idea of a "community organizer" of Obama's type as preparing a person for the real world.  If you want to test whether my grandmother is haunting CNN, you might get a clue from the implosion at CNN--as it heads toward oblivion.  You might suspect she is also haunting Obama, from his recent performance (teleprompters at town hall meetings!!!!). 
 
I have long thought that leftist feminists merely give lip service to old style housewives and mothers.  They do not truly respect what those women did, and still do.  The dismissal of Sarah Palin's efforts in raising five children, as a wife, mother, partner with her husband, and "hockey mom" community organizer have confirmed my opinion of leftists again.  They are condescending, elitist, idiots.
 
Yes, this is part of my recent identity crisis.  I am forced to face the fact that I am more FEMINIST than almost all leftist feminists, and more CHRISTIAN than most leftists who call themselves Christian.  I can't tell you how disturbing the last month has been for me. I digress (sort of).
 
Somebody should ask on the floor of the House of Representatives:  "Is an elite Harvard grad with political ambitions really a better community organizer than a PTA hockey mom?  Even if he is "like Jesus?
 

No comments: