Wednesday, September 24, 2008

President Bush, McCain and Obama

President Bush went on TV tonight to say our entire eoncomy is in danger.  Sarah Palin is being quoted in an AOL featured article as talking abut danger of a Great Depresson (amazing how she is only credible when she says what the mainstream emdia wants to hear).  I persaonlly, do not think Palin or McCain should be even mentioning the Great Depression, except to pooh-pooh the idea.  But that is not the point of this entry.

See the previous entry, where I explain my view of McCain's action in "suspending" his campaign and Obama's apparent refusal to "suspend" his.  As I said, Obama seems to have been mainly campaigning, rather than attempting to govern, his whole life.  What else is new? See the previous entry.

However, I wanted it clear that I understand what Presient Bush is saying.  I did the entry knowing what he was going to say.  I do understand that President Bush watnts Obama back in Washington, so that Obama is "accountable" (in terms of putting his reputation on the line) for getting something done.   See my previous entry for a full explanation of why Obama's presence does matter, if Obama wants a bill--despite "staffs" and modern coummunications.

Bottom line, however:  President Bush did not change my own decision.  I oppose the Bernanke/Paulson bail out, and any Democratic changes (beyond an oversight board, which is necessary but does not change my opinion of the bill) will merely make the bill worse.  There is nothing that would cause me to support this bill, short of a complete revamping so that it is no longer a taxpayer bail out.  That would appear to be impossible in the time available (Congress is about to recess, although it does not have to do that if the country is really more important than re-election).

No comments: