Friday, January 16, 2009

John McCain and Rush Limbaugh: Better Men Than I (in different ways, and if not as intelligent as I)--Rick Davis Guests

Rick Davis, McCain campaign manager (on why McCain lost): "McCain tried to lead the Republican Party away from the direction it had been heading, but people like Rush Limbuagh alienated Hispanics by their attitude toward immigration (part of the deception here is never to mentioin the term "illegal immigration"). Hispanics remembered what those people said, and not what McCain had done" (referring to McCain/Kennedy amnesty bill that conservative talk radio doomed). This is a paraphrase, but I promise you I got Davis right in every important repsect. Some of you may feel I am harsh to Republicans in this blog, and was harsh to McCain in the campaign. I don't get that feeling. If someone like me were running for President (views; not personal characteristics), that person could expect the Rick Davis/McCain type of people to trash him (as they allowed/encouraged the trashing of Sarah Palin, once they lost and/or gave up on the election). These people are the ENEMIES of people like Limbaugh and myself. As I have repeatedly said, I am not a Christian. I do not turn the other cheek. I know who my enemies are, and so do the conservative talk radio hosts who are now the heart and soul of wht used to be the Republican Party (under Reagan, Gingrich (fighting Clinton) and Tom DeLay). People conveniently forget that Repubicans dominated both the Presiency and the Congress as recently as 2004--after Iraq--before McCain and President bush finished off the process of the party losing its soul. By 2004, the party had already become a Big Government party (in Washington). McCain and Bush finished it off in the next four years. There is no identifiable soul left. And, according to Rcik Davis, McCain is PROUD of his part in trying to turn the Republican Party away from its previous path!!!!!! Yes, the headline says that McCain is a better man that I. As a political leader he is hopeless. I don't think much of his intelligence, either. He finished off an already sick Repubican Party. However, he served his country, in the military, in far more heroic and self-sacrificing ways than I ever did. So I cannnot say I am the better man. I have jsut been right over the years McCain has been in politics, and McCain wrong. I did serve in the United States Army during the height of the Vietnam War, but I never went to Vietnam (or any combat zone). Thus, McCain is the better man. In one way, however, McCain is a worse man than Limbaugh (even though Limbaugh has lesser military service than even me). As the quote from Davis, and numerous quotes from McCain himself, have indicated, McCain fully regards Limbaugh (and people like him) as enemies. See numerous entries in this blog, during the campaign, as to how McCain was much more passionate attacking conservatives than attacking Obama. In a politician, this is the trait of a SMALL man. Limbaugh, on the other hand, supported McCain. Yes, Limbaugh did that reluctantly, and as a lesser evil. He still did it, on the grounds that McCain would be better for the country than Obama. That is where Limbaugh is a better man than I. I could not stomach supporting McCain. Yes, this makes Limbaugh the better man, but again I was right and Limbaugh wrong (as Limbaugh has almost admitted since in declearing: "I am no longer a Republican."). Remember, McCain has previously trashed Limbaugh by name, before and during the recent election. Limbaugh proved himself a bigger man thatn McCain in still supporting McCain, however reluctantly. Thsu, I do admit that both of these men are better men than me. I do have the saving grace, however, of being right over the last several years, while they have been wrong (Limbaugh only on occasion, such as in reluctantly supporting McCain). The Rick Davis statement, and many others, shoud illustrate to you the war that is building up for the soulf of the Republican Party--a war reminscent of the old Barry Goldwater revolution that led to Ronald Reagan. Remember that the McCain wing of the Republican Party (then the Nelson Rockefeller wing) SABOTAGED Barry Goldwater, and held his supporters in the same contempt with which they now hold Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, and people like myself. I refuse to treat these people as anythihng but who they are: MY ENEMIES, and the enemies of everything in which I believe.P.S. Obviiously not everyone who supported McCain is my enemy, as indicated by my continued liking for Limbaugh himself. It is the mind set reflected byt he Davis statement above, and this idea that Republicans have to abandon their former principles in favor of Decratic ones, that make me regard you as my enemy--not a personal enemy but a political one.

No comments: