Thursday, January 15, 2009

Republican Party, R.I.P.: Rush Limbaugh Comes Around to the Truth (As Usual, Although Later Than This Blog, also as Usual)

Yes, Rush Limbaugh has been consistently behind this blog--having to catch up. He was late to say that President Bush was not a conserative (which I said from the beginning, and Limbaugh started saying only a year or two ago). He was late to recognize that conservatives HAD to get behind Romeny, as the only person who could stop someone like McCain from being nominated. I have correctly stated that LImbaugh abandoned conservatives in their houyr of greatest need by saying that he did not take sides in the Republican nomination, until it was TOO LATE. Now Limbaugh is saying: "I am no longer a Republican"--giving multiple reasons tracking those that this blog gave you long ago (before t he recent election, in which Limbaugh supported McCain for no good reason). It has been so long that I do not even remember when this blog first abandoned all allegiance to the Republican Party, but it was well before Limbaugh came around to the same conclusion (late, as usual). For that matter, Limbaugh is only now becomeing as emphatic about it as this blog has been for a year or more. Better late than never. It has been many mojnths, maybe years, since I headlined an entry (more thatn one over that time): "Republican Party, R.I.P.). Limbaugh is right. The ?Republican Party, as we knew it under Reagan, is dead. We either neeed a new conservative party, or we need a conservative coup in the Republican Party (meaning most present Republican politicians would have to be defeated). Welcome Rush. I am glad you have seen the light on just how bad the Republican Party has become. Too bad it took you so long, and too baad you abandoned conservatives when they needed you in December of 2007. Too bad you still went with the "lesser evil" of McCain, when this blog correctlly labeled him as no better than Obama. But I admit, Rush, that you are still about the most perceptive conservative out there. The most "too bad" here is: Too bad that both Rush and I are now so lonely. Not only in the country, but in the Republican "establishment", we are both intellectuala outcasts. That is why I repeat: Republican Party, R.I.P.

No comments: