Monday, June 15, 2009

David Letterman and Don Imus: Nuclear Hypocrisy in the Mainstream Media and on the Left (Redundancy)

David Letterman be fired, while I "defended" Don Imus (in a left handed sort of way, in that I suggested he brought abut his own downfall by SELLING OUT to the leftist establishment that did him in)?


Nope. I am acquitted of that charge. It was obvious to me that Don Imus should not have been fired, and that only leftists who don't really believe in free speech OR perspective could think otherwise. IF Don Imus had not been savaged by the mainstream media, along with so many others, I would have no hesitation in defending David Letterrman's right to say what he did about flight attendants, Sarah Palin's daughter, Alex Rodriguez, and the rest. Remember "Dog, the bounty hunter", who was FIRED for a PRIVATE conversation that was taped?


Since Don Imus WAS fired, then I think David Letterman has to go. Any other position is hypocrisy on a nuclear scale. What am I saying? That is the trademark of the modern mainstream media, and modern leftists (redundancy again): nuclear scale hypocrisy.


As I have often said in this blog, I do NOT "turn the other cheek". If leftists are going to be nuclear scale hypocrites, INCLUDING DAVID LETTERMAN, then I am going to call them on that hypocrisy. Letterman has to go--NOT because of what he said but because Don Imus "had" to go.


If you don't understand that, then you are willing to let the modern hypocrites of the left walk all over you. That is the reason I I am not offended when Rush Limbaugh goes totally off the deep end in his criticism of President Obama (such as "blaming" Obama for this recession we are in, when Obama can only be blamed for making a recovery IMPOSSIBLE--a real, long lasting recovery). Why should Limbaugh be "fair" to the left, when the left has been totally UNFAIR to him? The left has to get over this idea that they are immune from retaliation on this stuff. They are not, and eventually they will reap what they sow. (I, of course, criticized Limbaugh myself, but NOT because he was "unfair" to President Obama or the left, but because his intellectual dishonesty was so obvious as to be counterproductive.)


What will happen the next time the mainstream media, or leftists, jump on a "conservative" for saying something they dislike? Right. I will bring up David Letterman, and dEFEND the "conservative" from the nuclear hypocrisy on the left.


"But", you say, "David Letterman is a COMEDIAN". And what was Don Imus? Or what was Dog the bounty hunter? Not that either those was necessarily a "conservative". Don Imus certalinly was not, and I don't really know the politics of Dog.


I doesn't matter. David Letterman is NOT the point. The point is the REACTION to David Letterman from groups ranging from the National Organization for Woen to the mainstream media. Their reaction is to do their best to defend David Letterman, while COMPOUNDING the trashing of Sarah Palin and her family. It is that evil double standard which will cause me to meet them all in Hell (assuming Hell exists--a much more attractive concept to me than the existence of Heaven).

No comments: