Sunday, June 14, 2009

David Letterman and Slutty Stewardesses--or Is It Slutty "Flight Attendants" (Inclulding Males)?

I have mentioned before that, ever since the nomination of Sarah Palin to be John McCain's running mate, I have suffered a well nigh fatal blow to my self-image. I always thought I was one of the biggest sexists around, and it is being proven over and over again that I am more of a feminist than most leftists. I can't handle this. I have no sense of identity left. Me. A FEMINIST. The mere thought sends chills up and down my spine, and hot pokers into my brain. However, it is true, at least in a comparative sense. David Letterman has prove it yet again. And I am not even talking about his various comments on Sarah Palin (more leater), which show (as sho many CNN, MSNBC, and mainstream media types have shown) that I will meet Letterman in Hell--if Hell exists.


Nope. I am talking about the "slutty flight attendant look" comment. Sure, Letterman directed that at Sarah Palin, but look what it says about FLIGHT ATTENDANTS. Do MALE flight attendants have that "slutty flight attentant look"?


Look at the extent of Letterman's attack on feminists and stewardesses. Ye, I deliberately used "stewardesses", because Letterman has taken us back to the stereotype that existed before "flight attendant" was substituted as the politically correct term. I admit that the word "stewardess" never bothered me, but I also never thought that they were automatically "slutty", and I would NEVER have considered talking about a "slutty flight attendant look". In my experience, flight attendants have generally been well and tastefully dressed (unless you go WAY back to the swigning 70's, or some time around then, when an airline or two tried to sell their stewardesses as sex symbols, to feminist condemnation).


Where IS the leftist condemnation of Letterman on THIS gound? Where are the demands he be fired?


Did ot Letterman pander to the OLD "stewardess" stereotype that supposedly made feminists livid? Sure he did. As stated, he went further than most admintted SEXISTS like me had ever gone. He called "flight attendants" SLUTTY. He said that there was such a thing as a "slutty flight attendant look", that presumably everyone recongnized as a special "look" of slutty, FEMALE STEWARDESSES (definitely did not apply to MALES< although Letterman's DISHONEST "apology" indicates he is clapable of any LIE--even the one that he was referring to both male and female "flight attendants).


Nope. As a sexist, I am not in the same class as Letterman, or the leftist types who have DEFENDED Lettreman (or been conspicously silent, which includes the National Organization for Women). There is just no doubt that I am more FEMINIST than all of these people--by far.


I just can't stand it. My self-image and identity can't stand it. Stop it, people (leftists and mainstream media). You are KILLING me here. I VOTED FOR HILLARY.


I give up. I AM A FEMINIST. Moan.

No comments: