Thursday, June 25, 2009

Why I Opposed John McCain (Without Supporting Barack Hussein Obama)

I was going to, in a few days, do one of my typically verbose entries on why I do not feel "guilty" about failing to support John McCain and the Republicans, even though I recognize that President Obama is in the process of destroying the country (and recognized it, in foresight, during the election campaign, as what would happen ni an Obama Presidency).


I have been saved the trouble. Glenn Beck just did it for me. I just heard him say: "John McCain would have been WORSE. It would all have been BLAMED on John McCain."


Beck was reacting to Barney Frank going on O'Reilly and saying that it was not the Democrats ("who, US?") who abandoned capitalism, but President Bush.


As Beck said, McCain was a "progressive' (Beck's term) Republican who did not believe in conservatism. Especially with a Democrati Congress, leftist Democrats would have had real cover with McCain as President. Sure, he would have not so quickly underined the entire American Way of Life, but McCain was always going to go down the same path--just not as quickly. A slow, agonizing death, BLAMED on conservatives, rather than a quick death where conservatism might yet rise from the ashes. The choice was grim, but I simply could not support McCain, and Glenn Beck explained why to you today on his radio program.


P.S.: Beck can be pretty good, but I do not regularly listen to him. I just have the radio in the bedroom (where I usually am NOT), set on that channel. Occasionally, I will check in on Beck, just to see where he is going. I thus heard some 30 seconds of his program this morning. That was AFTER the previous entry in this blog was posted. Isn't it amazing how what Beck said fit right into my promise for a future entry, made just this morning? I find it a little amazing. Beck, by the way, is also telling his listeners--correctly--not to get destracted by the push on health care, while leftist Democrats are trying to SNEAK through the "cap and trade" TAX on energy which will DESTROY our industrial civilization. To misquote William Jennings Bryan, we are about to be CRUCIFIED on a cross of "global warming". Bryan, of course, said "cross of gold".

1 comment:

Slapinions said...

By opposing McCain you supported Obama by default.