Saturday, September 10, 2011

Israeli PM Praises Attack on Embassy in Egypt

Hacker Boy (hacking into this truly disgraceful blog in the interest of turth, despite Skip's outrageous and false allegations that I am connected to Rupert Murdoch's hacking operation, or to the unfair and unbalanced network, to use Skip's terminology): "Skip. Just when I think yu can't get worse, you do Here is the correct headline: 'Israeli PM condemns attack on embassy in Egypt'> You will note that the word "condemns" means the exact OPP(SITE of the word in your desgraceful headline."


Skip: Hold on. What about that old cliche': '"Dog bites man 'is NOT 'news', because it is commonplace. But 'man bites dog' is news, because it is unusual."


Hacker Boy: Okay. So the headline is DUMB. I agree that it is hardly 'news' that the Israeli' prime minister 'condemns' an attack on the Israeli embassy in Egypt. I agree that you could write that story without even hearing what the Israeli PM had atto say. I get your point. However, do you have to be so damn SARCASTIC as to write that ridiculous headline?"


Skip: "hacker Boy knows that I have this sarcasm disease which recurs often. I cn'tr help it. Yes, the headline is as sarcstci as I can be. I am still on my futile Sodom and Gomorrah search for an honest, competent AP reporter, and it is beginning to get me down. Sarcsms is my only defense to going mad with frustration and irritation. The AP/AT&T/Yahoo headline was STUPID. I say that only because of lack of an adequate word.


Really. Is it "news' that the Israeli PM "condemned" the attack on the Israeli empassy in Egypt? No. That is NOT "news". Note, however, that it gives the LIE to the idea that previous protests in Egypt--the ones that eventually brought down Mubarak--were "peaceful". That was always a CROCK. The American "news" media put on the most "reasonable' of the Egyptian "protestors". That does not affect the FACT that most of the Egyptian protestors reminded any reasonable person of the fanatics of the French Revolution rather than committed "democrats". Now it was, sort of, "news" when Obama called for the ouster of Mubarak, and then of Gadhafi (of Libya). That was because Obama waitied WEEKS to make that obvious call. The primie minister of Isreale was NEVER going to wait weeks to "condemn" the attack in Egypt, and I cn'at tell you how absurd the AP headline was. Yem, there did HAVE to be a better headline. The Israeli HAD to have said something more meaningful thaan that. Oh well, the headline had some use. It again PROVED hat there is no worse "newws" agency in tghe universe tthan the despicable APm, because it is impossible for any "news" organization to be worse.

No comments: