Sunday, July 17, 2011

Clinton and Greece: Another Comic Genius

Headline today on Yahoo News default page (from the despicable AP):


"Clinton: U.S. backs Greek austerity program"


This blog has already shown that President Obama is a comic genius. Now we find out that the same is true of our Secretary of State. Think of the poor people of Greece. They are being LECTURED on "austerity" by a member of the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION!!! It does not get any more galing than that.


Read my previous article, and my series of articles this weekend. REPUBLICANS (what the AP and Yahoo call the "Tea Party Republicans", in a back handed slam--boycott Yahoo) are proposing LESS than a 3% "cut" in next year's spending, with it strill not being clear to me whether there is really any "cut" at all (from THIS YEAR'S spending). Even the Republicans may be merely saying there is a "cut" in PROJECTED spending, even though spending is actually going UP. Obama and the Democrats.? They want to INCREASE next year's spending (on any basis yu want to look at).


Poor Greece. They have had peopole likje Obama and Clinton in charge. Now they have to REALLY CUT--maybe even as much as that 44% it is said failing to raise the debt ciling may force.


You can see why the people of Greece might wonder at the U.S. "backing" a REAL austerity program (in theory, although in practice Greece is probably still headed for default, because of debt too high to ever pay--the eventual fate of the U.S.?)


P.S. No proofreading or spell checking (bad eyesight). By the way, I did reply to the comment on the last article, although I may not have read it correctly. I found out that Google-I HATE Google--appears to have eliminated that insane "secuirty" puzzle that I absolutely could not see well enough to use. They may have eliminated it years ago, as I have not even tried to reply to a comment in a long time (partly because there are very few of them, partly becaue I have trouble reading them--although I try--and partly because of my AVERSIUON to that damn "security check" that Google used to have that made it impossible for me to comment on my own blog.

No comments: