Sunday, July 17, 2011

Social Security: Good News (Boycott Yahoo)

Yes ,my default page remains the AT&T "welcome' page where Yahoo "news" provides the "featured" "news' stories. I keep it this way just to keep up with Yahoo and the desicable AP (although this particular article may not have been an AP article). THE featured picture story earlier this night was headlined as follows by Yahoo:


"Good News for Social Secrrity Recipients"


Yep. The story was that "lawmakers" are finally maknig an effort to SAVE Social Secruity by changing the "inflaton" adjustment to more accurately reflect the calculaton that most "experts" believe applicable here (where thee gross CPI has little to do with what seniors need to "keep up with inflation"). Now I admit that I don't perceive this as a big deal now, when Bernanke has not succeeded in producing anything more than a "stealth " inlation that is eating us up with infalted fod and energy prices. Our economy has just been too weak for the inflation "adjustment" to mean much lately. However, if Bernanke succeeds in producing FULL BLOWN hyper-inflation, as it seems he eventually must, then it will matter. The more we keep Social Secruity in line with reality, the more that seniors will not face GREECE type "cuts" later on (see previous article).


Hacker Boy (hacking into this despicable blog desite Big Sis at Homeland Secruity, and still denying any connection with Rupert Murdoch): "Skip, you have done it again."


Skip: What? How can yo object to this one. Seems perfectly straightforward to me."


Hacker Boy: "I admit Anderson Cooper is smarmy and dishonest, but he is not in your class. I SAW that headline on Yahoo News, and this is what it really said: "Bad news for Social Security Recipients."


Skip: Are you sure?


Hacker Boy: Yes, I am sure, and you now it.


Skp: Well, you now my eyesight does not let me read very well. I must have been so fixated on the CORRECT headline that I did not pick up on the actual headlie. You have to admit that the actual headline is PURE PROPAGANDA.


Hacker Boy: Tell it to the Marines. Your eyesight is not THAT bad--especailly on headlines. You did that on purpose. I don't care if Yahoo is producing pure propaganda, you have no business lying to the folks.


Skuip: Yous say you are not connected to Rupert Murdoch, but "the folks" is the trademark of Fox's Bill O'Reilly. Care to comment on that?


(silence)



P.S. No proofreading or spell checking (bad eyesight). Yep. I guess my eyesight is getting worse. I evidently can't read headlines right anymore.

No comments: