Sunday, July 3, 2011

Militant Atheists: An Oxymoron (CNN: The Godless Network)

Are you "patriotic" if you try to RUIN the 4th of July holiday for people by turning the holiday into a platform for your own intolerant religion? Of course you are not. Therefore, I have no hesitancy in saying that militant atenists tryng to promote theie "cuase" on the 4th of July, including with banners saying "Godless America" (or some such thing), are UNPATRIOTIC for that reason alone.


Why is militant atheism an osymoron? It is because it does treat atehism as a religion--a religion that demands all other religionis be expunged from all public expression in this country. As an agnostic myself, I am an expert on this. Why am I am agnostic/ It is because I am a SKEPTIC--unable and unwilling to take things on faith. But, as a skeptic, I have to also be skeptical of my own beliefs--skeptical that they represent some sort of "revealed truth", instead of something on which I could be WRONG (despite my 99.9% accuracy rating). Further, the idea that I should be able to EXLUDE all mention of religion from public life is an INTOLERANCE of which I am not capable. People on the left, like Bill Maher, are capable of that kind of intolerance. That is because they are funadmentally intolerant people: fundamentally bigoted people who want to impose their particular religon on us all. Therefore, dos it bothe me that our Founders refer to our "Creator" in the Declration of Indpendence? Does it both me that Abraham Lincon gave credit to God for Union victories at Gettsburg and Vicksburg? Does it bother me that Union soldiers marched to war against slavery to the very religious "Battle Hymn of the Republic"? Does it bother me that "under God" is in the Pledge of Allegiance? Does it bother me if a President says "God" as if he means it (not a problem with the current President)? Does it bother me that veterns, including government sponsored volulnteers, would mention God in connection with a military funeral? Nope. Noen of these things bother me (although I think even Abraham Lincoln should be a little careful asserting God is on his side, even though if God takes sides He certainly was on Lincoln's side).


It does bother me, a lot, that the Veteran's Administration in Houston has evidently taken the position that mention of God should be excluded from VA/veteran funerls in the Houston area. You simply canot get any more INTOLERANT than that. It is BIGOTRY. No, I don't care if we aree referring to volunteers connected to the VA, or some sort of government sponsorship, it is still INTOLERANCE of an inexcusable kind. Nor do I care that the VA is saing that it is only requiring that volunteers approach (cry out loud) the grieving family--even if they bring clergy--in order to get PERMISIION to use the word "God". We are talkinb abut BIGOTS here. Say a volunteer says "God bless you" to an atheist family? So what? That is part of my point. What do I, as an agnostic, care if someone says "God bless you" to me? What does it have to do with me? Why is it OFFENSIVE to me? You can see why I call militant atheism a religion. They act just like a militant religion, when if they were truly skeptical and tolerant they would not care.


Why is CNN the Godless network? Oh, I have shown you time and time again that CNN--along with really the entire mainstream media--is full of anti-Christian bigots. The reason I put it in this headline, however, is that CNN gave a forum on this Sunday to a spoekesman for these militant atheists trying to ruin the 4th of July holiday for Americans. Yes, it was a SYMPATHETIC fourm, just like CNN has provided a sypathetic platform for the militatntly anti-Christian Bill Maher. (Bill Maher and I still agree, by the way, unless he has recanted uner pressure from people like those on CNN, that President Obama is NOT a Christian.) No, CNN asked no really hard questins of this militant atheist. Contrast that to the questions CNN would ask of a CHIRSITAN group who attempted to use the 4th of July holiday to push their ideology. Nope. CNN IS a Godless network. Wore, it is full of anti-Christian bigots.


Is it not amazing how leftist atehists are trying to RUIN the major holidays for Americans. The ACLU has conducted an archestrated campaign, joinged by the mainstream media, to make it impossible for Christians to enjoy THEIR HOLIDAY. Yes, Christmas is a CHIRISITAN holidlay celebrating the birth of Christ. Yet, the ACLU,a nd other militant atheists, would have the toucntry ignore what the holiday is about Yes, these same people have pretty much succeeded in treating Thanksgiving as a non-religioous holiday. Nope. In case you did not know, Thansgiving is a religious holiday. Everyone in the media is careful to suggests that we are giving "thanks" to some sort of vague, amorphous, indefinable.......something. Of coure, the original idea was to give thanks to God.


As an agnostic, what do I care if Thanksgiving is perverted into a secular holiday? Well, in a way I don't. But as a person who thinks the traditions of this country should be seen CLEARLY, it OFFENDS me to see this systematic exclusion of God from American life--not because the people have abandoned religion but because CNN, the reast of the mainstream media, most leftist Democrats, and our "elites" have decided that they are going to FORCE people who believe in God to never mentin that embarrassing fact.


Yes, I stand by this statement: The ACLU, and like minded people, are trying to DESTROY CHRISITMAS as a Christian holiday. Now, militant atheists are trying to destroy the 4th of July as a holiday to clebrate this contry Meanwhile, some Harvard study says that 4th of July clebrations are PROPAGANDA being used to "convert" people to conservatism and Republicaninsm. IN other words, the left is evidently targeting the 4th of July as a REPUBLICAN holiday.


Bottom line: People like this (targeting every American tradition) are NOT PATRIOTIC. They are ANTI-AMERICAN, in terms of what TEHY think this contry has stood for. Let me repeat that: The type of people described in this article are NOT PATRIOTIC.


Do I meant that leftists are not patriotic? No, I did not say that. SOME surely are. What I am saying is that the particular, mainly leftist, mindset described in this article--a mindset which believess that American patriotism and trasditioins have to be rejected, unless redfined the leftist way--those people are UNPATRIOTIC and ANTI-AMERICAN. Oh yes, they are also anti-Christian bigots.


P.S. No proofreading or spell checking for any article on this blog (bad eyesight). And yes, it would make my eternity to meet these people in Hell--ACLU, militant atheists, etc.). Tat is why I am sure God, if he exists, will not let me know that these people are in Hell with me. Still, as I have said previously, if I end up in Hell, I am morally certain these peole will too. Take that, God.!!!! The only way yo can deprive me of this pleasure, fo all eternity, is to bring me to HEAVEN. (How is that for attempted blackmail of God? Yes, this bog will dare anything.)

No comments: