Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mitch McConnell: Betrayal and Cowardice, as This Blog Proven Right Yet Again

When was the last time Mitch McConnell ran for the Senate? 2008? I don't exactly remember, but I do remember the blog article I wrote at the time. I said that I would not regret the defeat of McConnell, and would even vote against him . In fact, I have said--over the years--that I would not regret the defeat of ANY Republican in the U.S. Senate before 2010 (when some were elected for which I haVe some hope). As I have said, the only exceiption of which I am aware is Jim Demint, and I am not totally sure about him. Nope. Our Texs Senators are NOT exceptions. There may bew a few Senators abut whom I do not know enough, but they cannot be as many as five. In other words, I am 100% positive that I would NOT "mourn" the passing of every Republican Senator elected prior to 2010, excepting only a number I could count on one hand.


As usual, you would have thought that i could not be PROVEN right about Mitch McConnell (and other Senators). That shows how much you know. Look what happened today. Mitch McConnell, and obviously other Republican Senators, realized that this "debt ceiling crisis" is headed for a showdown. These are people without courage (see previous article as to the type of thing that a person with courage will do). They panicked.


Thus, McConnell--surely with the agreement of other Republican Senators, came up with this absurdly complitcated way to CAVE IN on the "debt ceiling". McConnell made clear that all he is interested in is the POLITICS of trying to hang Obama and the Democrats with raising the debt ceiling, without really doing any thing on spending. If McConnell is interested in how he could get out of the present corner in which Republicans have painted themselves, he can read my prior article. But all he is interested in is to keep Obama from blaming Repubicans for whatever disaster occrus because Republicans won't raise the debt ceiling. No principles for McConnell. This blog said that YEARS AGO. And he proved it again today. No courage. No real principles. That could be the epitaph for ALL of the establishment Repubicans that warmed seats in the U.S. Senate prior to 2010.


No. I give McConnell no slack. I wuld NEVER vote for him, ofr any office. But I have said that BEFORE he made a fool of himself today.

No comments: