Monday, July 11, 2011

Tim Pawlenty: Dead Man Walking (Figuratively Speaking)

Tim Pawlenty did what the mainstream media loves more than anything else in a Reepublican: He attacked Michele Bachmann in "sound bite" words, deliberately designed to gain him attentioin. Saying that Michele Bachmann's accomplshments in Congress represents fighting words to conservatives like me--who appreciate Michele Bachmann waging a lonely fight when Tim Pawlenty was keeping his usual low profile, when he was not on board with Obama on cap and trade and other things. I have expressed some doubts about Michele Bachmann's ability to go from the Huose of Representatives to the Presidency myself--almost "unprecedented", to use President Obama's favorite word, and definitely unprecedented for a woman.But the way Pawlenty put it ws offensive, and it has cooked his goose (already half done).


No. Time pawlenty will NOT be President of the United States. This blog's accuracy rating is presently 99.9%. You can, therefore , take it to the bank. Stick a fork in him. Tim Pawlenty will not be President of the United States. As a bonus, this lobg now can definitely state, if it has not already, that John Huntsman wiill not be President of the United States. A further bonuse: Herman Cain will not be President of the United States (at least in 2012--a limitation I do not apply to Pawlenty or Huntsman).


No. I don't like Pawlenty. I have always been very doubtful of him, and those doubts have been confirmed. My brother despises him (as a Republican politician). Yet, I would vote for Pawlenty, probably, if he--by some miracle--became the Republican nominess. One word: ABORTION. Yes, I think Pawlenty is strong on abortion, and that would be enough to have me vote for him agaist Obama, even though I otherwise can hardly stand him. You know that I could never vote for Obama. But that would not stop me from not voting, as is a possibility with any nominee other than Michele Bachmann. But Pawlenty is strong enough on abortioni to make me inclined to vote for him for that reason alone, plus the fact he is not Obama. That reasoning does not apply to Gingrich and Huntsman, who I will never vote for. The jury is still out on Romney, and that will be the subject of another article.


Bottom line: Tim Pawlenty is now a dead politician walking, no matter how much he has succeeeded in getting press by attacking Michele Bachmann. I could easily, of course (having confidence in Pawlenty as one stupid individual), be convinced not to even vote for Pawlenty in the general electino. Luckily, I will not be faced with that unhappy choice.

No comments: