Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Soviet Union Five-Year Plans: When Did U.S. Start Down This Dead End Road?

I vomit every time I hear anyone in Washington talk about a "comprehensive" plan that will "solve" a problem in ten years. This is the "magic wand theory of government" perfected by Barack Obama and ad adopted by SELL OUT Republicans (yes, even before Obama).


The Soviet lUnion kept trying those failed 50year plans. But our Republicans and Democrats have done the old Soviet Union one better. Now we have TEN YEAR plans, complete with fuzzy maath: real tax increases and fake spending "cuts". No wonder Vladimir Putin, the present Russian leader, LETURED the Untied States about making the same mistakes as the Communits in Russia made. He was right (even if he is a despicable autocrat).


No, I will never forgive lthe Republican Party, as an institution, if hey go down this road. Nope. Republican members of the House may think they can make a "safe" vote gainst this, knowing it will pass. They aree wrong. I will not forgive them for THAT standard game, unless they FIGHT tooth and nail, or tooth and claw, to stgop such an atrocity. Ype. That means CONDEMNTING John Boehner and the Republican leadership in both the House and the Senate (IF this kind of atrocity, which you will note I have expected all along, happens). And this DOES apply to Michele Bachmann. If she jsut votes, and doesn not make major noise, I will reevatulate my support of her. As previously stated, I don't expect there is any chance I will be able to support someone like Rick Perry or Mitt Romeny,m unless they assert LEADERSHIP on this. Otherwise, I am going to assume that are "politics as usual" politicians, and I will not moutn their defeat by Obama (as I did not mourn John McCain, corrrectly).


Here is the way this stuff should be done:


. Tax reform? Pass a SEPARATE BIL with almost no net revenue increase.


2. Next year's spending: CUT this spending, NOT a as lpart of a "comprehensive" plan but as parat of a DETERMINED effort to REALLY "cut" spending NOW. Shut down the government, if you have to, to get real lspending cuts. And do NOT fall for the SHAM of making a "deal"--supposedly on next year's spending, but really to AVOID hard choices on spending. This should really be no. 1.


3. Medicare? Separte bill to SAVE MEDICARE. If it does not pass, so be it. But address this, as all of thee things, on its own MERITS (I konw: a realy novel concept for the magic wand theory of goernment people in Washington).


4. Medicaid? Separate bill. Or, as on all of these things, several separate bills dealing with different ASPECTGS of the problem.


5. ObamaCare? Multiple separate bills,, with the goal of repeal.


6. Social Security? Multiple separate bills. Need to change cost of living calculation? DO IT on its merits. We know wwe need to try to keep Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid from bankrupting us. Trying to do this in one massive bill,m as lpart of a ten year plan to solve the debt deficit, and every other problem wwe have, is STUPID. Yes ,it is Communist Soviet Unioin STUPID.


7. NPR, Planned Parenthod, NEA and all of thee other sacred cows of the Democrats? Do them as part of the spending bills of individual agencies. Boehner PROMISED separate appropriations bills , and NOT one, two or three "conitinuing resolutions" or "omnibus spending bills". I hold him to that, although I may have declared him "dead" to me before we get to that. See above, and the previsou articles yesterday and today.


8. Balanced Budget Amendment? I would leave out the tax language, but leave in the essential spending cap language. Then I would FIGHT for this as a separate measure--not a government shut down or debt ceiling measure. Make the Democrats EAT IT. But it is fantasy to think you can EXTORT passage of this through the House and Senatte. As I have previously stated, I will aplaud, and eat my words, if Republicans ccan get away with this. Or if lthey had the GUTS to FORCE it. They can't, and they don't.


9. Everything else: Separate bills.


ANNOUNCE your own "plan": the same CUT, CAP and BALANCE plan that the House will pass tonight (may already have passed--I am assuming it did not fail, but I have not been paying attention because I am too worried about the end game being planned by the Republican establishment in the Senate). Republicans should have their OWN PLAN, and NOT get trapped into a "comprehesive ten year plan" that SELLS OUT conservatives. We will not forget it, if Republicans do go down this oad again. I, especailly, will not forget it. The Republican Party will be dead for me.


What about the debt ceiling? If Republicans won't adopt MY great idea of KEYING the debt ceiling to each year's spending bills (see my previus articles on that), then FORGET IT. Yes, that is what I said. If you make ANY deal, make it on NEXT YEAR'S SPENDING. Then either extend th debt ceiling only until next eyar's end of the fscal year (September 30), or extend it the way Obama wnats. These SMALL deals are what DEMOCRATS FEAR. Watch MSNBC some time There is a reason Obama wants the "big deal". He is the master of the "magic wand theory of government". A "big deal" can only help him.


Shoot Tom Coburn, Kay Bailye Hutchinson, John McCain, Chambliss, and all of these other Senate turncoats. Just kidding . I am not really a violent man. But I would FIGURATIVELY "shoot" every single Republican in the Senate up for election next year (unless there is a real conservative elected in 2010 to fill an expired term, and I don't remember any). . By that, I mean that EVERY Senate Republican running for reelctions should get a PRIMARY OPPONET. Orrin Hatch? Gone. No, lyou may think you can pick out some conservatives who are worth saving> I would mourn NONE of them. The only ones I wuold muorn were elected in 2010, and are presumbably not up for election next year. Cost some seats? So what. I am really, really tired of these peoiple in the United States Senate.



There you have it. If necessary GIVE Obama a clean debt ceiling bill, and FIGHT THE SPENDING. No BETRAYAL with a Soviet style "ten year plan". Simply announce your WON ten year plan, bkut with the idea of DOING BETTER. Republiicans picked this fight on the debt ceiling. If it lead to a BETRAYAL of conservatives, that could have been avoided with a simple extension of the debt ceiling, then Republicans--almsot ALL of them--will be PUNISHED. If tghe Senate shoots down "cu, cap and balance", DECLARE VICTGORY (hainv used the debtg ceiling to devleop the REPUBLICAN tgen-year plan, even if Democrats will nto agree to it). If you can't bring yourself to FIGHT for my idea, just GET OUT and live to fight on SPENDING (and all of those other issues referenced above). You will rightly guess that I do NOT believe that Republicans have the courage to FORCE the dal they want by refusing to vote for a debt ceeiling increase until t hey get it. And I--as I have previously stated--am not even sure that this is the RIGHT place to make a stand. I would never, to be honest, have picked this particular fight. I have told you the fight I would have picked--the SMALL fight over next year's spending, and keying the debt ceiling to each year's spending bills.


What if Republicans don't even have th guts to EVER fight over spending, so that the debt ceiling is the only chance we will ever have? Read that carefully. If Republicans are THAT spineless, there is not chance on prevailing here anyway.


P.S. No proofreading or spell checking (bad eyesight). Lucky you (lol). I am so redundant that you can probably pick up the meaning, even if some of the article is garbled.

No comments: