Monday, June 27, 2011

Jon Huntsman, Michele Bachmann, Mike Huckabee and Herman Cain:: I Wish You Would Spell Your Names Correctly

Yes, what Herman Cain, Jon Huntsman, Michele Bachmann and Mike Huckabee have in common is that I have spelled their names differently from the way they spel their names. I would have said that I spelled their names WRONG, except that I bewlieve it is THEY wo are spelling their own names wrong. Should a person be President who cannot spell his or her name right.


Look at Jon Huntsman. You and I both know how to spell "Hohn". Jon Huntsman does ot. And his own staff called him on it. When he announced for President, his staff issued some sort of rather prominent document identif;ying him as "John Huntsman".


Then there is MICHELE Bachmann. Okay . I admit I have spelled her LAST name "bochman", but what kind of spelling is "Bachmann" anyway. But look at that FIRST name!!!! Who spells "Michelle" as Michele". I don't even think she PRONOUNCES her name right, if she is going to spell it that way.


Mike Huckabee? What kind of name is "Huckabee"? It looks STUPID. I like my spelling a lot bettr: "Huckaby".


Herman Cain? Does he really WANT a last name of the most famous borther-killer of all time? Or have I got my Bible story mixed uP? Isn't it Cain that slew Abel, or do I have it reversed. It is hard to keep these things straight. But has the Herminator never heard of "Citizen Kane".


I ask you: Have these people really spelled their names right?


How do I even catch on that famous people are spelling their names wrong? Well, I can't SEE names flashed on a television screen. But I CAN--almost--see names in the AP /Yahoo headlines that appear on my "Welcome" screen when I go online. As you know, I keep that default screen because of my futile Sodom and Gomorrah search for an honest, competent AP reporter. What this means is that the despicable AP almost NEVER puts some of these names in its headlines. Bachmann was a heroine of mine for at least a year before I finally saw her name in an aP headline (after the debate). And even then I did not notice how she spells her first name. I can't pick up letters that easily, unless I REALLY try to puzzle them out letter by letter. I never even dreamed that Michele Bachmann would spell "Michelle" that way. Same with Herman Cain. And I don't even feel lbad about John Huntsman, whose own staff did not know how he spells his first name.


Could I not look these things up? Yes. And I do, when I see something that makes me think I am spelling the name differently than the person is spelling his or her own name. But there are only two here that I feel I really should have looked up and/or noticed earlier: "Huckabee" and "Bachmann". That is because my spelling of "Bochman" is not much better than hers. The only reason I can think of that I did not look up that name--after all, she is a HEROINE of mine--was that I got it in my head that I HAD seen the name spelled "bochman". And--who knows--maybe I had. But I feel bad about it. Nope. I refuse to feel bad about "Michele". Huckabee--who I have knnown about since the late 1990s when he was a regular on the Imus in the Morning radio program, is another matter. I think eve the despicable AP has put "Huckabee" in headlines. My mind has obviously passed over it. My mind obviously considers Huckabee" a ridiculous name. My mind is right. And I have never much liked Huckabee, even back in the day when he was governor of Arkansas and appearing with John McCain on Imus all of the time My spelling of "Huckaby" may not be some sort of outstanding name either, but it is BETTER than "Huckabee". However, I do think thre is a MENTAL BLOCK I have with Huckabee. I even spelled his name wrong AFTER I had said, in this blog, that I had spelled his name wrong. I think that is clearly a Freudian, mental block.


Have I spelled all of these names right--fully right--even now? Who kows? It is the kind of thing I refuse to worry to much about. I used to look pu Arnold's name all of the time (that Democrat sleazeball in California who posed as aRepublican). But I could never fix the spelling in my mind, and I got tired of lokkng t up. So I just called him "Governor Arnold". EVERYONE, of course, calls the Duke coach "Coach K". Names truly are not that imporatant, but I am sure it frustrates people when other people get their names wrong. My two daughters blame ME (and their mother) for naming them "Kenda" and "Kyla". MANY people get those names wrong. And it annoys my daughters. As I said, however, they are mainly annoyed at ME for sticing them with those names. Kenda is often told, in effect, that she is spelling her name wrong (Kenda" innstead of "Kendra"). Come to think of it, I think she IS spelling her name wrong. We obviously meant to name her "Kendra"!!!!!!


P.S. Since I can't see (much), as described above, there is no proofreading or spell checking.

No comments: