Thursday, August 4, 2011

CNN: The Anti-Christian Network

What was a big CNN story yesterday--a full story and not just some brief note? Well, it confirms how CNN EARNED its nickname of the Anti-Christian Network, and that nothing changed during my vacation (where I saw about a total of 20 minutes of CNN, about which propagaqnda I willl talk in a future article).


It turns out that, for 20 years (according to CNN--an unreliable source), the United States Air Force has conducted an ETHICS (lol--could never make this stuff up) for people who may be involved with the actual firing of nuclear weapons, if that should ever happen (or some such thing). I was in the United States Army (as a Spec. 4) for 2 1/2 years (from 1968-1971). This is the kind of useless thing the military DOES. This is the meaning of the cliche': "There is the right way, the wrong way, and the army way." The saying applies to the entire military--any military. No, there is no purpose to such an ethics class. But that is not the point here. What brought this to the attention of CNN was the ptential for Anti-Christian propaganda--pushing the idea that ALL Christian references should be eliminated from American life.


Say what? What does an ethics class have to do with Christian doctrine? Nothing, really. And you can tell this was NOT a "big deal" until some lpeople involved in the Anti-Christian movement in America got ahold of it. I can assure you that in the army in which I was involved, such a class would have been ignored for the Mickey Mouse army/military junk that it is. What happened was that whatever poor sap designed this course decided to quote Chrisian ethics--really not distinguishable from other ethics--to make the point that you could be a Christian and still engage in war. Yes, this is absurd, in connection with nuclear weapons. But if you are going to do an ethics course, it is not so bad to quote St. Augustine--one of the great thinkers of all time, and not just one of the great Christian thinkers. That is what the designer of this course did. No, I do NOT know how extensive the the course relied on "Christian ethics", but you can tell it was not that big a deal by the amount of time that no one complained. For CNN (the Anti-Christian Network), however, this was a matter of "pushing Christian doctrine on people".


Give me a break. Someone, or more than one someone (and CNN is totally uninterested in the motivation and context), finally complained about this course. This Christian angle was probably a way to simply attack the stupid course. So the military simply gets rid of the course, or redesigns it to reflect some other useless source of ethics, right? A nothing story, right? Is this really some big "indoctrination" of our military people into Christianity? Give me a break. ONLY the Anti-Christian Network would present the story that way, and that is exactly what CNN did. As a matter of fact, I would hope that REAL (as distinguished from military) ethics courses would often include the thinking of St. Augustine, along with great thinkers of other cultures and other religions. But you are naive if you think the military is teaching a real ethics course, on a college level. CNN is NOT "naive". CNN is the Anti-Christian Network LOOKING for this kind of thing to advance its agenda.


Yes, I continue to be an agnostic. I continue to reject the very essence of every religion: the concept of FAITH. I am not saying I am necessarily right. I am especailly not saying God does not exist. I am simply saying that the CONCEPT of religion does not appeal to me-which includes the insane religion of leftism (which someone once asserted to me is not a word, but which accomplishes better than any other "word" I know the conveyance of the meaning I intend to convey--unfiltered by the leftist Orwellian attempt to keep chaning the descripting they apply to themselves). The point is that I am NOT someone who wants the military to "push" the Christian religon.


At the same time, this kind of thing does not bother me. The Pledge of Allegiance does not bother me. The extensive references to God and religion by George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Rober E. Lee, John Adams and George W. Bush do not bother me. The only thing that bothers me abut President Obama's periodic, POLITICAL, professions of Christian religion are how CYNICAL they are. Bill Maher and I agree that President Obama is not a Christina. This entire idea that it is acceptable to drive references to the Christian religion--one of the very fundations of Western Civilization--out of public discourse is an EVIL thing. It is an INTOLERANT thing. No, it does NOT hurt anyone to be exposed to St. Augustine, even with government "endorsement". It is just not a big deal.


No, I don't have any problem with eliminating the stupid course. Nor, if someone complained, would I have a problem with altering the way some of this may have been presented. But it is jsut absurd to make a national story out of this.


It is NOT absurd, however, to make a national story out of CNN being the Anti-Christian Network, which CNN proves again and again and again.


P.S. No proofreading or spell checking (bad eyesight--not helped by St. Augustine, leading to the question of what good he is, although maybe he would hav helped if I were a Christian). By the way, there is NOTHING wrong with a Christian using Christian ethics as an ethical system. And I am not sure there is anything wrong with the military assuming that most of its people might be coming at any ethical problem at least partly from that perspective. But the course sounds like a typical military Mickey Mouse course.

No comments: