Friday, August 12, 2011

Tim Pawlenty, R.I.P.

Okkay. This blog has already correctly said that Pwlenty is a dead politician walking.


But last night they threw dirt on his coffin. He picked on the girl. After refusing to take on Mitt Romney in the first debate.


Hacker Boy (hacking into this disgraceful blog to try to bring sanity, and I still am not commenting on any connection to Rupert Murdoch): "Uh, Skip. You keep saing "girls" are the most vicious creatures around--more dangerous than your average Mexican drug cartel killer. How can yu jump on Pawlenty for "picking on the girl"?


Skip: "Hacker Boy has lurched close to the truth--a total accident. I am, of course, not washing Pawlenty out of this blog (last mission) just because he he stood up to the girl (Michele Bachmann), or because he unfairly attacked the person I still suppport for the nomination (while recognizing she is a big longshot). It is the WAY that Pawlenty did it that brands him a failure. I can't imagine he will be in the race very much loniger, and he should have DOOMED any chance he might think he had to be picked as the VICEW PTRSIDENTIAL nominee (the only real shot he ahas had since he failed to gain traction in the race). Let me upt it as bluntly as I can: I would never vote for any Presidential nominee who chose Pawlnety as a person to run for Vice President.


I have often said that yo should aspire for someting that is attainable. In that spirit, I often tell people that I aspire to be dull. I admit that it is a little annoying that NO ONE has ever disgreed that I have succeeded in this aspiration Stilll, it is success of a sort. Tim Pwlenty puts me in the shade. In comparison with Pawlenty, I am a dynamic person. How did this stiff ever get elected governor of Minnesota? His ony competion in the dudullness race are Mitch Daniels and Al Gore. And Pawlenty comes across as a poster child for cynical "politics as usual" (beyond even Mittt Romney).


So Tim Pawlenty "took on" Michele Bachmann, but he did it INEFFECTIVELY and DULLY. It was transparently obvious that he went into the debate with the deliberate "aplan" of knocking off Bachmann, and standing up to Mitt Romney this time. Pawlenty might as well as had a flashing sign on his forehead falshing: "Cynical politician at work, trying to look like a tough guy while desperately trying to convince people I am a credible candidate." The alnternate message flashing across his forehead: "By the way, I am terminally dull, even while attacking like a rabid Chihuahua at the ankles of the other candidates."


Nope. Pawlenty is toast. Stick a fork in hiim He is done. In fact, he is more like burnt toast than an NFL cornerback who has just had five touchdowns scored upon him. Michele Bachmann, "the girl", came across as the MUCH GETTER "fighter", and MORE INTERESTING besides. I still endorse her, even though I agree totally with Rick Santorum that her "positioni" that the debt ceiling should not be raised at all is "all show". The distressing fact is that alll of our politicians have numbers "positioins" that are "all show". Bachmann is still less "politics as usual" than most. I would trust her to stand for something. I woiuld actually trust Santorum to stand for something, although he appears to have no change. I do not much trust Mitt Romney or Rick Perry ("my governor") to stand for anything, although either would obviosly be tetter than Barack Obama (especailly with the right Congress).


You will note that ALL of the candidates essentially opposed a "grand deal". from this "super committee". Let me again be blunt: Romey and Perry can STOP sucha a "grand deal", not matter what they say. They can also STOP extensin of unemployment benefits, and this "payroll tax cut" FRAUD (both of which will ADD more to the deficit than Repubicans have even SAID that they have "cut" for next year). I am giving Romney and Perry NO SLACK on this If they stand by and let establishment Republicans sell out conservatives and the Tea Party, then there is no way in Hell I wiill vote for either of them---even against Barack Obama. Yep. I told you in 208 that McCain COULD have stopped all of these bailouts. His betrayal sealed his doom: ot only as far as I am concerned, but in an election in which the "crazy old uncle" of the Repubglican Party appeared to be a bystander. Some Republican candidate is going to have to show himself a LEADER (besides Bachmann, who has the spirit and capacity, but perhaps not the ability to come across as really credible). A LEADER actually LEADS, and does not hide behind Mitch McConnell and Hohn Boehner to cooperate in a betrayal without putting "fingerprints" on it. Newt Gingrich, with this accurate criticism of the "super committee", was the ONLY Repubican candidate to come across as that kind of leader last night. Too bad Gingrich will never be President of the United Sates, and is oneof those I could never vote for. Gingrich gets it right more often than most of the Repubican candidates, as he did last night But he also gets it WRONG more often than any ten peole. He is all over the map. Too bad. Again, he will never be President.


P.S. No proofreading or spell checking (bad eyesight).

No comments: