Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene: Two Million Ordered to Leave as Irene Takes Aim!!--Hype Gone Amok

Yes, this is a follow up to the previous article, because I made the mistake of checking the AT&T/Yahoo internet default page before I went to bed.


Yep, my head line above (before the dash) is the present AP/AT&T/Yahoo headlie on Irene.


Is that headline "information" even important? Nope. Does not mean a thing. People right on the coast would be expected to think abuot getting out of the way of a hurricane. "Ordered to leave" is a LIE. I mean it. That is an outright LIE. What happens to you if you don't leave? NOTHING (except ou may, of course, die). I repeat: This is a Category 1 hurricane. How many people would be "oredered" to leave if iIrene were a Category 4, or even a Category 3, hurricane? 50 million? 40 million? 30 million? The same 2 millioni (because they are the same peoople who will be "ordered" to levave for ANY hurricane)? The whole headline is absurd. The story is absurd. Our media is absurd (as I continue my futile Sodom and Gomorrah search for an honest, competent AP reporter).

No comments: