Tuesday, August 9, 2011

John McCain Seeing Hobbits: Crazy Old Uncle in the Attic

I have heard a Republican or two--primarily in 2008m, since he looks much better now--call Ron Paul the crazy old uncle in the Republican attic who the family loves, but is embarrassed by and tries to hide. Well, that view now clearly applies to John McCain, and never was accurate with regarxd to Paul (who has looked better as time has gone by). I am willing to flatly say: McCain has now gone around the bend, and proven conclusively--yet again--that this blog is almost never wrong. I am talking about my refusal to endorse, or vote for, McCain in his race with Obama (even though I fully understood Obama, and how bad he was).


What am I talking about? You won't believe it, unless lyou have heard it. In Arizona, McCain called Tea Party peole HOBBITS. Now I am morally certain McCain meant that as an insult. Now I read Tolkien's Lord of the Rings when I was in high school, close to 50 years ago. I am fully aware that Hobbitrs are HEROES in the Tolkien books (and the movies). Hobbits are "litle people' who saved the world. Now was MCain saying that Tea lParty people are "little people doing their best to save lthe world?" I just don't think so. But it gets worse.


McCain was confronted with his statement, and asked to apol9ogize to the Tea Party people. You culd never guess McCain's response (if you have not heard it)--not in a thousand years. McCain said that he was "misinterpreted", and apologizes for that misinterpreation. Then he said that, however, he does NOT apologize for what he said, correctly interpreted, because "it is a fact."


Say what? It is a FACT that Tea Party people are Hobbits? This is news to me. Do Tolkien addicts know this? If so, I have not been informed.


McCain lost it long ago. No, I don't even care if McCain meant the Hobbit comment as a complimen. The man is erratic and uunreliable, and he still acts like conservatives are his main enemy (not Obama), except when he is running for reelection in Arizona.


P.S. No proofreading or spell checking (bad eyesight) Did I spell "Hobbit" right? It has been a long time. Does McCain really know what a Hobbit "is"? If so, I would usggest he graduate to Jim Butcher, and the Harry Dresden series. Or McCain can read my upcoming article about Democrats still being haunted by the SHADE of John Maynard Keynes, which has obviously stuck aroud because of his FAILURE in the Great Depression.

No comments: