Monday, August 8, 2011

President Obama: Brain Pain and Whiplash, as Obama Plays the Partisan Blame Game

My poor head!!!! The things I do for you people out there. Yep. I listened to ALL of Obama's speech today (on the downgrade of our debtr), even though my head hurt more with every word. Donald Trump--clown though he is--got it right when he said that he could not understand how Obama could give a readio address on Saturday without mentioning the downgrade. It was a surreal moment. I know that the radio address was RECORDED, but it was still surreal--more surreal because Obama let the radio aaddresss twuist in the wind, whiile not making a personal, public statement until lthe stock market had already collapsed today (the stock market collapseing another 200 plus points AFTER the Obama speech). What was even more funny.ironic was that Obama merely rEPEATED the ridiculous Friday speech/Saturday radio address in his speech today, showing that he had learned NOTHING from the highlighting of our debt situation by Standard and Poors. See my articles over the weekend.. (By the way this blog was correct, as usual, when I told you that the Standard and Poors downgrade would have NO practical effect--interest rates going DOWN todaly on lthe U.S, Treasury ten year bond--but might have a psychological effect.)


What did Obama tell you today? He told you, as he did no Friday and Saturday, that all he wants to do is INCREASE the deficit for the term of his Presidency. I am absolutely serious on this. It is not a joke, or hyperbole. That is exactly what Obama told lyou, if you wre listening. This is the man who says--on alternate days or weeks--that we must "learn to live within our means, like ordinary famiies". EVERY time Obama speaks, except when the whole purpose of the speech is to put forrward that lie, Obama makes clear that we will NOT "learn to live within our means" while HE si President (because he does not want to).


Did you listen to what Obama said? Carefully? What he said was that we needed a LON GTERM deficit/debt plan to give us ROOM to INCREASE the deficit now. Now, I am not exaggerating this at all. Obama said exactly that. This is exactly what I have told you in article after article. The ONLY reason Obama wants a fraudulent, "grand" deal" for the FUTURE is so that he can INCREASE THE DEFICIT NOW. He has TOLD you that he wansts to declare the debtg/deficit problem "solved", and go on to the IMORTANT task of spending more money and increasing the deficit. Is your head hurting yet? Why should I suffer alone?


Thus, Obama spent NONE of his speech talking aoubt how we can reducce CURRENT spending, or how we can reduce spending any time during his Presidency. Instead, he again proposed INCREASING the deficit for nextg year MUCH more than the "debt ceiling" deal supposedly "cut". Obama proposed continuing that "temporary" welfare payment disguised as a "payroll tax cut". He proposed, of course, again extending the 99 weeks of unemplyment, telling the incredible LIE. Then there is the "infrastructure bank", etc.


In the long term, we are all dead. In the long term, the sun either goes nova and iicinerates us all, or dies (ending all life on Earth). We do have a "long term" problem, but there is no effective way of addressing the long term problem without addressing the short term problem. You may be able to TAPER OFF heroin (although "cold trukey" may be best, if you can survive it), but you can't do that by saying you will "start" next week, or next month, or ten years from now. You might remember Lloyd Bridges in "Airplane", who kept saying he chose the "wrong week" to give up cigarettes, cocaine, glue sniffing, etc. Obama does not propose to have that problem. He wants us to EXPAND our debt addiction until he is no longer President. In fact, he wants TAX INCREASES for the purpose of pretending we have money to SPEND.


Let me put it another way. The St. Louis Cardinals face the Milwaukee Brewers in a three game series this week, trailing by three games. The St. Louis Cardinals happen to be "my" team, from the time I listened to Harry Carey describing the exploits of Stan Musial in my childhood in Mt. Ida, Arkansas. Sure, you can have a "plan" for winning all three games, or the series (the Cardinals now trail by 3 games). . But it is well known that you have to WIN ONE GAME AT A TIME. You can'tSTART to make up ground until you take the furst steo, The same is true in a basketball game where you trail by 20 points, or a football game where you trail by 3 touchdowns. You simily cannot make up all of the ground at once, or figure on winning 15 straight games in September (in the case of the Cardinals).


This is actually way too much analysis, for the benefit of those of you whho still believe in the tooth fairy. It is simply obvious that Obama does not intend to actually "live within our means", or make ANY strides in that direction. He is addicted to the idea that it is up to GOVERNMENT to both "create" jobs and CONTROL the economy. Every speech he makes sends that same signal, no matter what lip service he may give to the idea of "deficit reduction".


The Republicans? Don't make my head hurt any more. I can't take it. Obama, Democrats and the mainstream media are still sending out signals that "of course" Repubicans will agree to this "stimulus' welfare payment disguised as a "payrol tax cut". Obama still remembers that he got away with this very same thing, and the extended unemployment benefits, at the end of 2010. And the "stimulus" FAILED, except to add MORE to the deficit than Republicans have "cut". Now the push is on to have Republicans do it all over again: to ADD more to the deficit than EVERY "cut" they haeg made to spending for the next year. It is liike the Cardinals saying: "We know we have to win one game at a time, and that we have promised to really bear down, but we can actually afford to lose these next 3 games to the Brewers so long as our "long term" plan for the rest of the season is sound.."


Nope. IF Republicans go for this, then the Tea Party will have FAILED. And I give them (the politician kind) NO slack. I give Repubicans NO slack. They have used it all up. It is time to put up or shut up. Just because tis "payroll tax cut" is CALLED a "tqax cut" does NOT make it anyth;ing but a deficit raising "stimulus"--a "stimulus" that has already FAILED this year (except to raise our deficit). Obama said, as I started to reference above before being distracted, that "people have PAID for these unemployment benefits with their taxes.'. Liar-in-Chief. NO ONE has paid for 99 weeks of unemployment benefits. WE DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY. Anyone who will tell that blatant a LIE has no respect for the truth at all. If people have "paid for" 99 weeks of unemployment, why is that not the PERMANENT number of weeks? Enough This is all deception and lies, and no sugar coating can make it anything else. This is why we are borrowing 40 cents of every dollar we are spedning.


Message to Republicans, INCLUDING "Tea Party" politicians: If you let either the "payroll tax cut" or the 99 weeks of unemplyment benefits more than undo every single dollarr you have supposedly "cut" from spending, in the only year that really matters or that you can control, then the Repubilcan Party is DEAD to me. I will go further: The TEA PARTY will be DEAD to me. (No, I do not consider myself a member of the "Tea Party" now, although I am obviously a sympathizer--provided that Tea Party politicians do not act like all other politicians.). You cannot "cut" the deficit by raising it. But it is worse than that. This is smoke and mirrors. If you are willing to play "politics as usual", and BRIBE people to vote for you by keeping on giving them money--with the FALSE assertion that you are being true to your principles--then I have no use for you. I will be ready for a thrid party.


The above paragraph should tell you why I have been so confident (80-20) that I am going to walk away from the Republican Party FOEVER this summer, without ever looking back and without any regrets. We just can't keep living in a fantasy world of our own construction:. We know that Obama, the Democrats and the mainstream media (not to mentiion the economic fascists on Wall Street) are doing that. But I have no confidence that Republicans, and even Tea Party politicians, are not doing the same thing. You don't "cut" the deficit by raising it. I can buy the idea--have asserted it--that you can RAISE revenue by a cut in tax RATES (a permanent cut). The idea that yo can call a GIMMICK a "tax cut", and call yourself a principoled conservative, is something I refuse to buy. I never will. Think of how INSANE it is to say that we have a long term problem with Social Security in the amount of TRILLIONS of dollars, and then saying it is no problem to REDUCE the very "tax" (financing) supporting what was supposed to be a self-financing program. To make th eFRAUD especially obvious, we hten say that the money will come from GENEARL REVENUE (borrowing), and not from Social Security My brain can't stand that kind of dishonesty. I refuse to ever get so brain damaged that I will accept this kind of fraud.


Message to Repubicans: Accepting this "payroll tax cut" AGAIN, and this full 99weeks of extended unemployment, will make you a DEAD PARTY WALKING. I know you realize lthat it will make you dead to me. I have told you that for monts. But I am serious. I don't believe the Republican Party can ultimately survie this kind of "politicas as usual". You say you can't survive unless you bribe the American people this way? I disagree But it does not matter. I am convinced that your only chance is to lurch into principle and bravery. I am, in fact, willing to accept lots of things less than ideal (less than the 1/3 real CUT in the deficit I would make in this very next year). But I will not accept PRETENDING to be concerned about the deficit, and engaging in fraud after fraud to conceal that you are really doing nothing butPpolitics as usual". This is where you make your mistake: to assume that the American people--those who might be ever inclined to support you--will put up with this. If they want GOVERNMENT and DEFICITS, then they are going to go to the real thing (Obama and the Democrats). If you can't convince them that this is the wrong approach, at a time when they are more inclined to listen than ever before, thenn you deserve what you will get. I don't think you will like what you get, but I will hardlyl be aware of it. I will hagve walked away, looking for something better. As previously stated, I will adopt the G. Goprdon Liddy approach (to the Washington Post) of never even referring to the Repubican Party by name. Instead, I hink I will call it: "that quaint little political club Thomas Jefferson was involved in founding, to which few people now pay attention.".


Will Obama and the mainstream media be shown to be underestimating the resolve of Repubilcans, stiffened by the Tea Party? Maybe. I still estimate the odds as 80-20 against. The mainstream media is putting on this full court press, and Repubicans are going bobbly at the knees because of the political impulse to both BRIBE the pubic AND satisfy the mainstream media. Odds still 80-20 against this blog ever using the archaic term "Republican Party" next year.


P.S. No proofreading or spell checking (bad eyesight). Question: Will I refuse to support ANY Republican nominee if the party becomes dead to me? After all, I now support Michele Bachmann for President (despite frustration with the way she is approaching some things). Can I suuport the Repubican nominee, even if it is Michele Bachmann, without even being able to bring myself to mention the party by name? I have not yet decided, but you can see how likely it is that I will not support the Republican nominee if I determine that the Republican Party is not worth the trouble. Firt, I doubt that Michele Bachmann will be the nominee. I am less and less inclined to support Romney, unless I feel the party behind him is pincipled enough to keep him in line. I will not feel that way if Repubicans keep up this betrayal after betrayal. I dont't see Rick Perry, "my governor", being good enough to attract my support, wihout a belief on my part that the other politicians in the Repubican Party will keep HIM in line. I sat out the McCain/Obama contest. You can see that the chances are becoming pretty good that I will do the same thing in 2012, while continuing to comment on the issues and failures of Obama. I guess I should not be antgicipating this final betrayal by the Repubican Party, but I have told you that I remain a cynic/pessimist, desite my theoretical belief that "miracle on 34th Street" give a better vison of the proper way to live your life (without extreme cynicism).

No comments: