Thursday, July 3, 2008

Frankenstein's Monster

Obviously, I have unleashed an "illustrator" (Kenda) out of control.  I am not totally sure of the meaning of the latest effort by the official blog cartoonist, but I am fairly sure it is not what I would have chosen to illustrate my previous entry (see my own vision described at the end of the entry).

It is sort of like Rush Limbaugh's "official Obama criticizer", Bo Snerdly (with certified black AND "slave" blood--distinguished from Obama, wiht NO slave "blood", except perhaps through his WHITE, possibly slave owning ancestors), had started quoting from the Quran.

Is there some hidden message in the cartoon about the closing of 600 Starbucks shops?  As another Rush Limabaugh aside, one of Rush's "catch phrases" satirizing the Starbucks crowd is:  "That, and $5.00, will get you a cup of coffee" (a take off on the old phrase:  "That, and a dime, will get you a cup of coffee").

Yes, I have developed a new appreciaton of how Baron Frankenstein must have felt.

Here is Kenda's email, which I read AFTER my comments in this entry and the next entry.  I think this indicates that I pretty much was on target in my comments--INCLUDING my comment that I have an official blog cartoonist who is out of control:

new cartoon, not what you suggested.  Starbucks siren (their logo)
sitting outside of Dunkin Donuts begging for change.  Don't EXPLAIN it
to people this time, i think they're smart enough to get it.

No comments: