Monday, July 7, 2008

Waterboarding Journalists

This is one of those GREAT IDEAS.  In case you did not know it, "journalist"/writer Christopher Hitchens recently had himself "waterboarded", with video.  You remember waterboarding.  It is that aggressive interrogation technique which MIGHT be regarded as "torture", even though it does not damage the person upon whom it is performed.  That is why "journalists", and even our own soldiers/agents (in training), can be subjected to waterboarding with no lasting ill effects.  Old style fraternity initiations may well have often been more unpleasant, and more dangerous.  We engaged in this EFFECTIVE interrogation technique some three times after 9/11--as distinguished from the beheadings and other mistreatment by terrorists since then, on a mass scale (although not--thank God or President Bush--in the United States)--mistreatment not just of captured U.S. soldiers but of innocents blown up, beheaded, etc.
 
Yep.  This idea of ALL "journalists" experiencing waterboarding is a GREAT idea.  I hereby volunteer them all.  In fact, I volunteer ALL EMPLOYEES of the anti-American, despicable Associated Press, and AOL "News"--the anti-American, despicable AP having yet another featured AOL story today about an alleged bombing by our military of one of those alleged "wedding parity" groups in Afghanistan.  This waterboarding of "journalists", and AP/AOL employees, should be done by soldiers who have been TRASHED by the AP and/or other "journalists".  I really wish I had thought of this idea first.
 
No brainer no. 1:  If faced with a choice between waterboarding and watching an American city disappear in a mushroom cloud, choose waterboarding (if you are an interrogator in that situation).  I hope, and believe, that I would have no hesitancy in making that choice, if I were an interrogator in that situation, even if it meant I would eventually go to prison.  In fact, if I were President, that is the choice I would make, even if it meant my eventual impeachment.  Now a President could reasonably HOPE that underlings would not put him in that position, but would make the choice ON THEIR OWN (relying on an eventual pardon).  A true patriot would give the ANY President "deniability" in that kind of situation.
 
No brainer no. 2:  Most people would ENJOY seeing every "journalist" volunteer to see what waterboarding is really like.  It could even be a FUND RAISING event for our troops.
 
Nope.  I have NO intention of volunteering to be waterboarded myself.  Do you really think I am as dumb as the average "journalist"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to note that this is exactly like that supremely dumb show on the discovery channel we were all watching where they built torture devices and then tried them out.  YUP confirmed, waterboarding is unpleasant.  Thanks for sharing that breaking news that isn't.

Anonymous said...

Kenda, of course, is my older daughter/official blog cartoonist-illulstrator (when SHE feels like it).   We actually watched that one half hour Discovery Channel idiocy TOGEHTER at the familly reunion in June.  Are historians (of a certain kind) really as dumb as "journalists"?  It would appear so.  Did YOU ever have ANY doubt that medieval tourture deivices were painful?  Neither did I.  I hay have doubts about some historical events, as interpreted by HISTORIANS, but it never occurred to me to qestion TORTURE DEVICES.  It still has not occurred to me.  It was, indeed, one of the most IDIOTIC half hours of television I have ever seen.