Thursday, April 17, 2008

Abortion and Evil at Yale

To illustrate that both of my daughters are not totally lost to the dark side (of the feminist "force"), this was called to my attention by my daughter, Kenda (the Bostonian), who called it the "most disgusting thing I have ever seen" (my daughter, Kyla, might see nothing wrong with it--see past blog entries):

"Art major Aliza Shvarts '08 wants to make a statement.

Beginning next Tuesday, Shvarts will be displaying her senior art project, a documentation of a nine-month process during which she artificially inseminated herself "as often as possible" while periodically taking abortifacient drugs to induce miscarriages. Her exhibition will feature video recordings of these forced miscarriages as well as preserved collections of the blood "

The above comes from the Yale Daily News (where else, but some leftist university).  Link to full story:  http://yaledailynews.com/story.html

This goes beyond evil, into the realm of hyper-evil.  It is the kind of thing you end up with when you go down the path of unrestricted abortion, and the idea that fetal tissue is a mere resource to be used to advance the "causes" of adult human beings (see the arguments for the use of embryoes in unproven stem cell research, and my own previous entries about human/cow HYBRID embryoes in Britain--I truly wish I could make this stuff up).

I consider abortion an evil thing (objectively, the equivalent of infanticide, since birth is clearly, scientifically NOT a fundamental event in the life cycle of a human being, but only a change of environment).  However, I don't consider women who have abortions as automatically evil.  They are, as far as I am concerned, being led down the garden path by the culture in which we live.  Silimarly, several of the Founding Fathers had slaves.  Slavery is an evil thing, but they clearly were not evil people (Jeremiah Wright notwithstanding--he did a recent riff on the evils of THOMAS JEFFERSON).

At some point, however, you have to say people are EVIL.  The above woman qualifies.  The cow/human hybrid people qualify.

Sometimes, I admit (even as an aganostic), the concept of Sodom and Gomorrah is attractive (God weeding out the deadwood and starting over).  I have already admitted being attracted to the concept of Hell.  This is another Biblical concept that has its attractions.

P.S.  The heading is somewhat a takeoff on the title of the book that first brought William F. Buckley, Jr. to fame:  "God and Man at Yale".  Maybe it is good that Buckley died before seeing this one, although he lived to see enough similar things at his beloved (I think that is a fair word) Yale.

No comments: