Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Virtual Fence: Illegal Immigration Deception

See the more than 50 entries in the archives of this blog under the general heading of "illegal immigration deception".

The idea of a "virtual fence", at least as an ALTERNATIVE to other measures, was always a leftist dodge in OPPOSITION to an actual border fence.  Leftists had no expectation that a "virtual fence" would stop illegal immigration.  Leftists, of course, really favor open broders, and do NOT favor actually stopping illegal immigration.

Now some REPUBLICANS, or even pro-illegal immigration conseratives, have bought into the "vritual fence" idea, or suggested that they did.

It was never going to "seal" the border.  The whole idea has now been scrapped in Arizona, in favor of actual OBSERVATION and lower tech stuff (camera towers, actual fence?, etc.).

The deception in the illegal immigration "debate" is sometimes so extensive that it is hard to keep up.  As I have pointed out, of course, NO meansure (including the physical fence) can "seal" the borders unless we STOP the incentives for illegal immigrants to come here (by enforcing the law, and removing the benefits that attract them).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, YEAH ... THE GOVERMENT TO BUILD A WALL ACROSS THE MEXICAN BORDER.    LIKE THE 20' WALL THEY BUILT TO KEEP THE WATER OUT OF THE 9TH DISTRICT OF NEW ORLEANS.     I TRUST THE GOVERMENT, AWRIGHT!

AS A STAUNCH LIBERTARIAN, I FORSEE MYSELF SITTING ON MY HANDS THIS NOVEMBER.    WHERE ARE THE BARRY GOLDWATERS OF YESTERYEAR?

Anonymous said...

I will probably vote Libertarian this year for lack of anyone else.  I do not consider myself a libertarian (despite my fondness for John Stuart Mill's "On Liberty", on which I did an approving paper in my term paper in my philosophy class at New Mexico State University way back when).

I consider myself a libertarian leaning conservative, but I agree totally in a lack of LEADERSHIP today in the spirit of either Barry Goldwater or Ronald Reagan.  It is depressing.