Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sodom and Gomorrah and the Associated Press: Still Equivalent

As readers of this blog know, He has relieved me of my futile 8e yar, Sodom and Gomorrah, search for an honest, competent AP reporter. Those who followed this blog over those 8 years know that no such creature exists, and that they should stay away from AP facilities so as to not be around when He finally takes actin on my report (the whole, futile, search being--almost certainly--punishment for me being an agnostic). Lest you believe that the AP has improved: DON'T. I have not mentioned the despicable AP as much, because the desicable Yhoo "news" now relies more on other sources (just about as bad as the AP), after that "partnership with ABC "News'. Here is a current AP headline fweatured on Yahoo9:


"Students angry over pricey courses pepper-sprayed"


No. No, you INOCMPETENT, DISHONEST peole at the AP (and Y:ahoo), that is NOT TRUE. Read the headline again. It really says, and is INTENDED to say, taht "students' were "pepper-sprayed" BECAUSE they were angry over 'pricey course". That, as stated, is NOTA TRUE. The students were "pepper-sprayed" because of theeir ACTIOINS to show their "anger".


No. I don't care whether the students SHULD have been pepper-sprayed". And I am not ging to read the whole article trying to figure it out. Why not? It is because I KNOW--the headline alone tells me--that I will NOT find out the real facts from either the despicable AP or Yaoo. No, I don't think it is "news" every time an "angry" protester" is pepper-sprayed either.


I think we should take a vote: Should EVERY "journalist" EXPERIENCE "pepper-spraying", so that they can "report" more accurately on this kind of thing :(given the fetish they have about reporting every police peepper-spraying of protesters)? I really thnk that the result of that vote would be overwhelming.


P.S. No proofreading or spell checkng (bad eyesight). Hey, the despicable AP, and Yhoo, do proofreading and spell checking, and they STILL regularly come up with headlines like this. Test: Wahat did the students DO to get "pepper-sprayed". You don't have any idea from the headline, do you? Hell, they culd have been throwing fire bombs, and the despicable Ap would still write that headline.

No comments: