Thursday, May 8, 2008

Conservatives Are Happier

No, the above headline is NOT just my opinion.  There was a story on AOL last night (I think for all of ten minutes, as they got rid of it quickly) that "right wingers" are HAPPIER (on average) than "left wingers" (ye, AOL used those very terms--the strange thing being the relatively neutral use of "left wingers").

Now this blog, Rugh Limbaugh, and many others have said this for a long time.  Leftists are miserable people, and want to inflict the same misery on everyone.

That is not quite what the study found, although (interpreted correctly) it was pretty close.  The study found that the "reason" was that conseratives were more philosophical about their life than leftist; conservatives tended to "rationalize" their situation, while leftists tended to be resentful of all of the people out there doing better, or plotting to do them in (Big Oil, Big Drug, President Bush, etc.)

Translation (okay there was SOME translation n the last sentence):  Leftists are the people Barack Obama should have been talking about when he so condescendingly talked about the "frustratioins" of "small town America" causing them to "blame" others.  It is LEFTISTS who HATE and RESNET (look at Reverend Wright).  It is leftists who blame "the rich", the corporations, and everybody else.

Conservatives are willing to look to themselves, and NOT "resent" other people out there who may have more.  The basic defnining principle of conservatism is responsibility for one's own actions, and that makes you a HAPPIER PERSON than blaming others for what is going wrong in your life.

Now some who have read my recent entries may think I am not a happy person.  Wrong.  I AM a generally happy person as to my personal life, even thoough many would consider that I don't have that much of a life presently (living alone as what some might regard as a virtual hermit)  But I am perfectly happy with my life.  What I am not happy with is the way POLITICS is going in this country.  John McCain vs. Barack Obama tends to DEPRESS me, but only in an intellectual way.  As I have said, conservatives are being driven to exile in the wilderness, politically.  Personally, they--as I--are relatively HAPPY people.   Conservatives blame leftists for many of the bad things that are happening to this country.   Hoewver, they don't blame leftists for what is happening to THEM.  This is one of the secrets of this ability to be personally happy, even as the country goes to Hell (indistinguishable from leftist Heaven, where EVERYONE is miserable).

No comments: