Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rush Limbaugh and Me

Read the previous entry.  Then consider what I just heard Rush Limbaugh say on the radio.  (I usually listen to Rush Limbaugh as I am doing other things--the only talk radio show I tend to listen to fairly regularly).

Here is what Rush Limabugh just argued:

What happens if Barack Obama is elected President with a Democratic majority, and the county goes to Hell in a handbasket?  Who is blamed?  Well, you can't blame conservatives or Republicans, can you?  Democrats and the left would HAVE to be blamed.

Then consider what happens if John McCain is elected President, with a Democratic majority in Congress, and the country goes to Hell in a handbasket? Both Limbaugh and I agree that the actual POLIICES enacted into law are going to be the SAME under McCain as Obama, if not worse.  The result is the SAME for the country.  The country faces a tough time.  However, is it not a DISASTER if McCain is President FOR CONSERVATIVES (not to mention Republicans). Then, Republicans and conservatives are likely to get the blame for the country going to Hell in a handbasket.  The very best that can happen is that the "blame" is AMBIGUOUS.

Remember.  The above is NOT what I just said (although this blog has said it for some time).  It is what Rush Limbaugh just said.  But you heard it here FIRST, and more emphaticially.  Read again the previous entry, and try to dispute it.

A McCain Presidency (this is me talking again) is a DISASTER for conservatives.  That is why I said I would vote for Hillary Clinton for President.   The only reason I won't vote for Obama is that I just can't bring myself to wish that on the country, and I can't bring myself to endorse an extreme leftist takeover of our government (see entry today on Keith Olbermann).   I can't vote fore either McCain or Obama.  But it remains true that Limbaugh's question is correct:  Consdier the above scenarios and ask yourself whether it is better for conservatives for Obama to be elected or for John McCain to be elected?

No comments: