Thursday, May 15, 2008

Michelle Obama: Growing Up Hating America?

No, I did NOT just decide to dredge up this subject again.  I was willing to drop it.  However, AOL is featuring tonight one of those "stories with an agenda' by the despicable AP under the headline "Tennessee GOP "mocks" Michelle Obama".  This is the lead paragraph:

"The Tennessee Republican Party "welcomed" Michelle Obama's visit for a fundraiser Thursday night with an online video that takes the Democratic presidential front-runner's wife to task for a comment some considered unpatriotic"..

And exactly what is wrong with the Tennessee GOP "mocking" that really stupid remark by Michelle Obama?

Oh, I forgot.  This is the truly despicable Associted Press we are dealing with here.  You can tell all you need to know about the AP by the way it ended the lead paragraph:  ".......comments SOME considered UNPATRIOTIC."  (emphasis added to convict the guilty).

For Michelle Obama to suggest the the this election was "the first time in my adult life I have been proud of my country"  has NOTHING to do with PATRIOTISM.  It, of course, has to do with what you think of your country, and how much hate and resentment (Reverend Wright style)  you may have grown up feeling about your own country.  Michelle Obama has also been quoted as calling the America she grew up in a "downright mean" country.

To the AP, of course, only "some" are offended by this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have noticed AOL is doing their best to post misleading or one-sided headlines that favor Obama, both at the expense of McCain, Bush, and HRC.

Dan

http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom

Anonymous said...

I thought Dan had been scared away by Kyla (my younter daughter), or by my desecriptions of Kyla.  Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Kyla, by the way, is graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law this weekend.