Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hoa Tran and Tony: Kooks Forever

In an earlier entry in my "you are a kook if:" series, I labeled my friend Tony as a kook, saying that anyone that knew who, or what, Hoa Tran was is a kook.  Tony has proven my point with the following:

"Another day, another HOA TRAN.  Marc, I will address this email to you, as your brother is hopeless (and I gave him so many hints).  Note that the subject of my email was "Republican Primary".  That would have given most "geniuses" (I use the term loosely) a clue to check out the REPUBLICAN PRIMARY.  Now true, I did not specify the TEXAS Republican Primary, but I assumed that since I said " I was putting my money on HOA, that it would be the logical place to check, since I am a resident of the great state of Texas.  Once arriving at the TEXAS REPUBLICAN PRIMARY site, boy genius would have found "my man"....the next president of the United States of America.... HOA TRAN, Purveyor of Oriental Medicine.   God I love this country, where a man of humble means can become the president"

Followed by:

"Now that I have provided ample evidence that I am not a "kook", I hereby DEMAND that a retraction be provided posthaste from the infamous "Maverick Conservative"

There is, of course, a reason that kooks generally do not respond to my "you are a kook if:" series.  It is because they know that they will merely PROVE themselves to be kooks.  Tony, however, is so much of a kook that he even failed to realize what even the people with the tin foil hats (to keep out the alien radio/telepathic mind control waves) realize:  exposing how kooky you are to the world is a bad idea.  Here is my response to Tony (NOT a retraction):

Q.E.D.  I actually guessed that Hoa Tran was probably running in the Texas Republican Presidential Primary.  But only a KOOK would notice that (original point).  Only a double kook would go to the trouble of seriously RESEARCHING the matter (which is why I didn't).
 
Problem:  Am I now a kook because I now know (sort of) who Hoa Tran is?  Sigh.  The sacrifices I make for you people writing this blog--pointing out the kooks and "Flying, Fickle Finger of Fate" winners out there.  You fail to realize how DANGEROUS this is.  As John McCain said about money in politics, being exposed to this stuff is so CORRUPTING that I worry about ME being corrupted.
 
It is hardly worthy of mention in the "you are a kook if" series, but you ARE a kook if:
 
119.  You are Hoa Tran.
 
I really wish I did not even know that.


 

 

No comments: