Friday, August 29, 2008

Sarah Palin: Correct Prediction

Nope. It was not ME who correctly predicted that the McCain VP choice would be Sarah Palin.  Here is the COMMENT from 8/24/2008 on this blog:

Comment from tedmol | Email tedmol
8/24/08 11:20 PM Permalink

"Despite the Dems and the allied main stream media’s desperation to see Romney as McCain’s Veep, Mitt is clearly out, with (1) Obama doubling down on the class warfare theme (McCain’s 7 houses) and (2) McCain doubling down with ads showing the hypocrisy of Biden attacking Obama in the primaries — Romney did way more than that contra McCain.

This leaves only Govs Sarah Palin and Tim Pawlenty. Pro-abortion Ridge and Dem-Lieberman were never real considerations, despite relentless media goading. Pawlenty’s lackluster TV performances, coupled with Palin pizzazz, the primacy of oil drilling and the ticked off women/Hillary voters, does now portend a McCain/Palin checkmate on the Dems. This is so albeit the Dems and liberal media dare not mention Palin’s name, that is, everyone but…..

And if there’s any question as to Palin being uniquely positioned and able to more than nullify Biden in debate, see the excellent discussion at palinforvp.blogspot.com

Team McCain, well done!!!"
 
To my shame, I dismissed the above comment on the grounds that not many people live in Alaska.  I have almost never been this wrong.  I did state that McCain would not likely choose Romney, as has always been obvious.  I also said the Governor of Alaska would be "fine" if McCain chose her.  That was a dismissal worthy of Obama.  Maybe I could get a job with his campaign. 
 
Anyway, Governor Palin has always been more than "fine" with me.  I just never thought she had a chance.  Ever since she PROUDLY, not as if it were any "sacrifice" at all, had a Down's Syndrome baby, Palin has been a HEROINE of mine. I may have even mentioned her, at the time, in this blog as such a heroine.  If not, I should have.
 
Anyway, I wanted to give credit where credit is due. Obviously, on politics you have no business listening to me rather than the person making the above comment!!!  Talk about the RIGHT call.  I still don't even believe it.
But I LIKE it a lot, and I like her a lot.

No comments: